Kalashnikov AK-12 Unveiled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best rifle platform in the world continues to get better. Loving all the modern features being added, they are getting damn close to perfect with this. And most important of all, the reliable AK action stays the same! And I disagree with the article writer that says it's ugly. I think it looks awesome. Reminds me a VZ58, which IMO is a good thing. Hopefully this doesn't get all you butt hurt AR fans panties in too much of a bundle.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/01/26/kalashnikov-ak-12-unveiled/

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a fan of both platforms and find both very reliable. I really would have liked to see the AK go in a different direction though. I believe it would have benifited more with a better mag release system and even a slightly thicker profile barrel. The new saftey switch looks like a huge improvement over the original design. The hinged reciever cover has been around for a little while and is also a very nice improvement along with the railing. I really would have liked a new iron site system close to that of the HK style. also would like to see a 1piece reciever with no rivits.

I miss my AK :smash:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... they definitely fixed some of the major flaws of the current AK, such as poor sight radius, lack of aperture sights, non-ergonomic charging handle and safety lever, and the difficulty of mounting optics at the proper height to still have cheek weld and/or co-witnessed sights. All it really needs now is drop-free mags, the stock in line with the bore, and a longer handguard. Oh, and chamber it in a sweet high BC intermediate cartridge like .280 British.

Latest posts

Top Bottom