Kalashnikov AK-12 Unveiled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not. I'd take my AR over an AK any day.

:spitlaugh

And I'm the opposite. I am confidant that my AMD-65 will smoke your AR. We'll just give them the 6 foot drop test, and then a simple kick through the dirt to simulate a war or a SHTF scenario. You can drop my rifle into the dirt, mud or whatever and then kick it around a bit. And I'll do the same with yours. Then we'll grab our respective rifles and then separate 100 yards. Me and my rifle will come out on top.

BTW I'm just messing with ya man. Both rifle platforms are great. I just prefer the AK and feel to be superior for most situations.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If SHTF then I would prefer a fridge full of beer and very good steak. I guess thats not as common as my .22lr and a few thousand rounds of ammo. But if it does happen and one of you guys have alot of beer and a good steak I would be more than happy to trade you.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR is a great battle rifle ... as long as battle involves very little shooting, lots of cleaning, and air force doing all the "work" ...

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-usas-m4-carbine-controversy-03289/

Agreed. The M4 is used because that is what is issued to our soldiers, not because it is the best choice. The DI AR is a decent enough gun in certain situations, but it just isn't reliable enough for warfare in tough environments. The only thing that helps overcome these issues is our superior training to our boys. We know how to clean them (and clean them, and clean them, and clean them. etc.......), and we know how to cover and suppress when one of them experiences a jam.

Now things are much different for our special forces units. Those are the guys that actually have a choice and a say in what their load out will be, very rarely will you find an DI M4 on their person during a mission. The SEAL team that double tapped Bin Laden's ass, they had HK416s (a reliable short stroke gas piston system), they would have laughed out loud if someone handed them an M4 prior to the mission.

Where the DI AR shines is doing what most of us civilian are using them for, and that is target shooting in controlled environments. The guys that sing the everlasting praises of how reliable their AR is have never actually tested their rifles. I know plenty of them. They absolutely baby their ARs, most of them have probably never dropped their precious baby, and they freak out if a scratch shows up. And if I took their rifle and threw it into the dirt right in front of them, they'd probably have a heart attack. They clean their rifles after every trip to the range, they wouldn't even know what reliable is. But with my AK, hell I'm rough with it, and all it does is go bang every time I pull the trigger. I get a another ding or scratch or it? Who cares. I dive to the ground, into the dirt with my AK, it doesn't phase it. Oh I'm sick and tired of the accuracy gripes with the AK. A quality built AK quality ammo is damn accurate out to 200-300 yards. The folks who are complaining about poor accuracy with their AKs, they are running poorly built century builds and are using ****** ammo.

/whew rant over! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom