Kansas City MO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also have a good collection of Bill Mauldin prints. One of my favorites...

5fa1689983b78.image.jpg
Weird. I was listening to Chadd Wright's Three of Seven podcast this last weekend, and he was talking to MACV SOG veteran Bo Jordan. Bo actually referenced that cartoon in the episode.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I was in KC (back in '05 or '06), there was a really good BBQ joint in Union Station, out in the main hall. It's not listed on the Union Station Web site, so it may no longer be there.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiorella's_Jack_Stack_Barbecue

"Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue was originally a part of the Fiorella family-owned chain of Smoke Stack Barbecue restaurants, with the original restaurant located in south Kansas City, Missouri on Prospect Avenue. Founded by family patriarch Russ Fiorella in 1957, it eventually opened four more restaurants for the Fiorella family."

"Seizing upon the opportunity to expand their Kansas City-style barbecue beyond the borders of Kansas City, Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue began shipping their barbecue nationwide in 2000. Media exposure on The Food Network and Modern Marvels on The History Channel helped to introduce the rest of America to Jack Stack's Kansas City-style barbecue. Fiorella's Jack Stack has been rated as some of the best barbecue in the United States by several national organizations and magazines. Most notably, the Zagat Survey named it the "#1 Barbecue House in the Country."[2]"

I have their seasonings and they are bomb on chicken. If I was going to KC I would go there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom