Kel-Tec>Hi-Point! R U Kidding!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of you are suggesting to the guy looking for the $200 gun that a KT would be a better purchase than a HiPoint!!
Seriously, who has a keltec for a home defense gun?
I consider both of them last resort type weapons.
I think the shotgun is the better option for a couple hundred bucks.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you are suggesting to the guy looking for the $200 gun that a KT would be a better purchase than a HiPoint!!

what about 2 HiPoints?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, not kidding. I have a KelTec PF-9 and carry it on occasion. Mine has not jammed yet, and is reasonably accurate. Sure, that part may apply to some individual Hi-Points. It's also extremely small for the package. Which CANNOT be said for the Hi-Point.

As with any gun, you should really shoot it (couple hundred or more rounds) before depending on it.

Sure, I want a nicer gun in the package size, but until the Ruger LC9 and Kahr CM-9 came out, you had to at least double your money to get anywhere close to the size. And the Kahr's are not exactly known to be trouble free guns either.

I would not however recommend neither the Hi-Point nor the Kel-Tec for a first / primary defense gun.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a hi point, but I tried to make the kel tec I had fail, never cleaned it, it never did. It was not a bad little gun. Still sold it.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The Keltec was recommended because the guy repeatedly said he wanted a pistol and not a shotgun, despite numerous people recommending a shotgun. So if the guy is deadset on a pistol, then Kel-tec > hi-point for under $200. PF-9 is not my 1st choice in terms of ergonomics, but they run. Unlike other Kel-tec guns, the pf9 is one of the gems that cycles reliably enough to not question it for self defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom