Kel-Tec>Hi-Point! R U Kidding!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you are suggesting to the guy looking for the $200 gun that a KT would be a better purchase than a HiPoint!!
Seriously, who has a keltec for a home defense gun?
I consider both of them last resort type weapons.
I think the shotgun is the better option for a couple hundred bucks.
I bet a center mass hit from my PF9 would kill someone just like a center mass hit from my G19. Have you ever thought maybe thats all they can afford?

M

mikem1262

I own a Kel-Tec P11 which I carry from time to time because of its size. Great when wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The only thing I don't like about it is the trigger pull is very long compared to my Glock and Springfield. Still its a pretty good gun that has yet to fail me, no jams.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any time you start a discussion with: "I want a piece of lifesaving equipment, what is the very cheapest available?" , you know that your priorities are screwed up. I understand being on a tight budget. I also understand that people will usually find a way to get what they really want. There are lots of used guns on the market that would be better choices.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any time you start a discussion with: "I want a piece of lifesaving equipment, what is the very cheapest available?" , you know that your priorities are screwed up. I understand being on a tight budget. I also understand that people will usually find a way to get what they really want. There are lots of used guns on the market that would be better choices.
just because something is expensive doesn't mean it works any better. A hi point or kel-tec will kill someone just like a glock,s&w,colt,Springfield,para ordnance Etc. If the gun works you can't deny that. I've shot expensive guns that were pieces of ****. Jammed and were inaccurate. They all will fail no matter what it cost. My cheap maverick 88 12 gauge will kill someone Just like a more expensive 870 tactical.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makarov <- best pistol in sub-$400 realm - $220 here

Calling a CZ82 a Makarov is like calling a Glock 36 a 1911. Same round, different gun. The 82 and the PM (Makarov) both shoot 9x18 ammo, and that's the only thing they have in common. Having said that, the CZ82 is an excellent weapon, and that's a good price these days. Real Makarovs are going up. Bulgarians can still be found sometimes for around $250. East Germans are $400 or so, Soviets are more, and Chinese range from $350 up last time I checked. The manly 9x18 is what the .380 would like to be.

About KelTec--I have a P3AT and a PF9. Both are reliable and teeny. No issues after 500+ in the .380 and 250+ in the 9mm. Neither is worth a damn as a range toy, but they are small enough to carry when more desirable guns just can't go. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom