Ken Hackathorn analyzes Red Dot Sights on handguns and gives the pros and cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a member of the iron sight mafia for many years and eschewed most scopes and red dots as crutches for people who could not learn to properly use sights, HOWEVER as I have matured so has my eyesight , its called Presbyopia and begins affecting MOST people in their 40's and continues through their 60's . I need glasses for reading, the computer and sadly for seeing iron sights clearly now . As a result I began putting optics and red dots on many rifles I own which never sported them to begin with.

Ken is a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to shooting , but I am not going to be inclined to hunt for my glasses in the middle of the night to end up having to see the sights clearly so I have a couple of rifles sporting a red dot now and I am considering an RMR on a pistol. Can I see the sights without glasses ? just not optimally and yes I could use a rifle or handgun without a red dot at close range . I would just prefer to know exactly where I am aiming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom