Okie Windmiller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can’t say that I have, although the name sounds familiar. I have watched Vice Grip Garage, although not at much as I’d like due to his 2-3 hour video lengths.
I figured you did because on his (Puddin) video this past Thursday he mentioned meeting his neighbor, who happens to be the windmill guy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This dude runs a windmill service company out of Tecumseh and posts videos of himself installing and repairing windmill-driven water wells. Some of it might be useful to know if you have a well.
https://www.youtube.com/@OkieWindmiller/videos
We have a windmill on one of our places that operates just fine, but the jack shaft is broken and it looks like the hand pump was just thrown into the casing. I'm sure it can be removed but it's wedged so it's going to require some help.
Interesting because there is a pond on that property that has a propensity to go very low during the summers, not completely dry though.
Had a dozer come in once and dig out the shallow end, but the main pond is still 5-6' deep because of sediment.
Always thought it would be interesting to get the windmill back in service and let it pump into the pond to keep it full with cool water.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a windmill on one of our places that operates just fine, but the jack shaft is broken and it looks like the hand pump was just thrown into the casing. I'm sure it can be removed but it's wedged so it's going to require some help.
Interesting because there is a pond on that property that has a propensity to go very low during the summers, not completely dry though.
Had a dozer come in once and dig out the shallow end, but the main pond is still 5-6' deep because of sediment.
Always thought it would be interesting to get the windmill back in service and let it pump into the pond to keep it full with cool water.
You might talk to @Mr.Glock . I don't know if he works out that way, but he might be able to recommend someone to you.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom