How much to live on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully he is studying something he can actually use and make money.
He is taking electrical engineering, so should be able to get a decent job.

I would have been happy if he would have gotten into the skilled trades, but I am sure he will succeed in whatever he does.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve helped raise 3 of our grandkids whose dad is a piece of crap. Not what we planned on. One of them still lives with us, he’ll be a senior next year. He’s currently enrolled in HVAC at the local tech center plus his being recruited to wrestle in college. He just hasn’t decided if college is something he wants to pursue.

Didn’t plan on my wife staying employed, they pay her too much and she loves money more than me. 😁

We have one other grandson but his dad is squared away and totally engaged in his life. Don’t see us having to finish his raising. 👍🏽

Anyway that’s just life. If needed I could go back to work part time or full time. Hopefully that never comes to happen.
Raising the littles correctly is more important than
He is taking electrical engineering, so should be able to get a decent job.

I would have been happy if he would have gotten into the skilled trades, but I am sure he will succeed in whatever he does.
awesome

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to think that things could get worse, people are literally suffering. Electricity has gone up and OG&E has an increase planned and a elderly couple on a minimal fixed income has to choose for being running their a/c and being comfortable or eating. It's getting pathetic and the outlook isn't good.
Even if they had planned on old age and being financially comfortable they couldn't have foreseen the increase in food, utilities, home repair etc. Everything has gone up-everything and they say it's not going back down.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i get $1121 a month SS nothing else,,thats $13,452 a year,,sounds poor to most of you ,but my house is paid for ,truck and suv paid for..300 utility bills and insurance,15 cell fone,,50 internet,and i easily saved ,last 4 months $500 a month to pay my $2060 property taxs , no problem..yet some of you must have 40,000 a year to survive?????? what are you paying out every month ????200cell??? 140 cable????600new car,1200 new truck ??? 1200 insurance???? 2000 house payment /mortgage?????
Yep, add it up-cable TV cell phone, internet service etc, thing we really don't need to live but it adds up. A few decades back we didn't have these things but now people think it's a necessity. And it isn't just cable TV etc, they all have add-ons that people "just have to have."

Latest posts

Top Bottom