Kentucky Gun Co is slow to ship.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Tax Commission can charge it do to the way the law is wrote. Something about how state funds can not be used to pay for processing fees. I will see if I can find it but here is the Oklahoma law regarding surcharges.

I figured there was some sort of annoying loophole in there for them. Kind of like how I paid about $1000 less for my jet ski that I just had registered than what they taxed me on. Even though I have a bill of sale showing exactly how much I paid for it, they taxed me on what the state thinks I should have paid for it.

I've complained enough, I'll stop hijacking this thread now. :-)

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question... are you saying that "rewards cards" cost you more as a merchant than non-rewards cards? Or just saying that the 1% you get back is not coming out of the CC company's pockets because the merchant is paying 2-3%?

When you offer me a rewards card, I pay an additional one percent to process the card.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... I did not know that. Is there any way you know in advance that it is going to cost you more? I mean... some cards offer rewards and some don't. I don't think my bank card does. Well, at least I don't think my Arvest card does, not that I know of. My BoA card offers me discounts at certain online retailers.

I seem to remember Discover card had a higher processing fee for vendors, and it offered 1% cash back. Is this what you mean? Wasn't as high as say, AmEx, but still higher than Visa/MC. Or do you mean ANY card the offers rewards? Like... I see all these commercials for Capital One and other companies touting their rewards. I dunno, I don't get caught up in that stuff, so I don't pay much attention, but I think there are cards out there that offer rewards on debit card usage, right? Just saying you can't tell by the card sometimes, I don't think, so do you just see it on your merchant account when the fees add up?

Latest posts

Top Bottom