Kentucky Long Rifle giving me a beating.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lurker just likes to say the opposite of what I say............ :lookaroun :laugh6:

Sometimes its funny lol. Seriously the Elephant powder I had was some of the messiest stuff ive used. And the Swiss powder was way clean...almost too good.

The 4F thing is kinda like cant shoot 3f in big bores or 2f in small bores...justa ol wives tale more than likely. I just prime n load with 3f most of time.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes its funny lol. Seriously the Elephant powder I had was some of the messiest stuff ive used. And the Swiss powder was way clean...almost too good.

The 4F thing is kinda like cant shoot 3f in big bores or 2f in small bores...justa ol wives tale more than likely. I just prime n load with 3f most of time.

Oh I don't shoot the ffffg except for a flintlock flash pan. The man I know who is a die hard BPCR shooter won't shoot anything but Swiss..........told him I'd try it when I run out of Elephant.........which will take a while cause I don't hardly use it. I've also got a friend who owns a fireworks manufacturing facility.........you should see the kegs of powder he has! All Goex IIRC.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drilled out the nipples on my old Hawken 25 years ago. Never had a misfire afterward. Never had to cock the hammer either after shooting it. Did it by itself.

I think it was the first semi-semi auto loader in recorded history. I should have got a patent.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I drilled out the nipples on my old Hawken 25 years ago. Never had a misfire afterward. Never had to cock the hammer either after shooting it. Did it by itself.

I think it was the first semi-semi auto loader in recorded history. I should have got a patent.

Thats funny until that hammer breaks. When your hammer recocks its time to replace thenipple or lighten the load lol.

My lil .32 rifle will recock at 60gr. At 50grs I can send a maxi ball thru a OKC phonebook. Gawd id love to shoot a deer with that lil gun.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So now that I have the right amount of powder for my rifle what should I be using for my single shot .50 cal pistol?

Same thing cept about 35-40gr. Anything much above that and it just blows it out as unburned powder. PBR btw.

Muzzle loading pistols are very different than cap n ball revolvers. Even more adicting :)

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I know I bought a philly derringer and I have 2 other single shots. I think they are all in .45 cal They are fun! I look like a pirate getting ready for a raid when I have them all lined up ready to go.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok you guys are making me want to pull out the smoke poles, 54 lyman round ball gun, 32 crocket & 36 pcap & ball pistol. Ill leave the inlines at home. Put 2 .454 balls in a 45 colt case with 6.5 gr of unique & a med crimp shoot out of a ruger black hawk its a whole lot of fun but accuracy is not there, but sometimes you just have to play

Latest posts

Top Bottom