Kilts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tischauser and getoffmylawnbecauseiboughtajerseyfromhandh both have been shooting for less time than I have IIRC, but made the commitment and investment into learning and are now both sponsored shooters. Did I remember correctly about you being sponsored @Getoffmylawn?

No, I'm not sponsored. At one time I was talking with the guys at H&H and decided it wasn't for me. Some of the perks are nice, but once it was laid out which matches I needed to shoot and when I need to be available for certain events etc, I said no thanks. I shoot for fun, and putting a schedule to it takes the fun away for me.
Feegee up there still tries to talk me into it though lol

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No, I'm not sponsored. At one time I was talking with the guys at H&H and decided it wasn't for me. Some of the perks are nice, but once it was laid out which matches I needed to shoot and when I need to be available for certain events etc, I said no thanks. I shoot for fun, and putting a schedule to it takes the fun away for me.
Feegee up there still tries to talk me into it though lol

Ah, must have been someone else I was thinking about. Oh, Michael Chambers, he was sponsored by Del-Ton at one point, wasn't he?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your talking two different jerseys. H&H has their own shooting team. The folks on that team do not buy their jerseys. They are the folks I noted earlier that are representing H&H vendors. At any time did I say the individual members on that team had personal relationships with the sponsors that are featured on their jerseys that THEY DO NOT BUY?

BoomerShooter has a Contingency team jersey that the member who wishes to become part of that team purchases a personalized jersey that features sponsors of the BoomerShooter contingency program. The sponsors on the jersey, (H&H just happens to be the premier sponsor and enjoys the biggest logo) contribute products to the program for choice landscape on the jersey in hopes that shooters will wear them to matches and get their logo noticed.
Walking billboards if you may.
At the end of the season, everybody that participated in the program by buying a jersey is entered into the prize give away where sponsors products are given back to the shooters that bought the jerseys.
The more you shoot verified sanctioned matches, the better the odds of winning one of the top prizes.
Personally I won a complete Nordic upper receiver that was worth more than double what my jersey cost.

So, are you sufficiently informed now?

I don't think I said or implied that you said that. If you think I did, please allow me to clear this up.

I replied to your comment that I had heard that people wearing H&H shirts bought them and that the people wearing said shirts were not being sponsored by the individual brands on said shirts.

My original point was that people wearing kilts are not "attention whores" any more (or less) than those that wear jerseys they bought.

If you think I was parsing or putting words in your post that you didn't ... I hope this clears that up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I said or implied that you said that. If you think I did, please allow me to clear this up.

I replied to your comment that I had heard that people wearing H&H shirts bought them and that the people wearing said shirts were not being sponsored by the individual brands on said shirts.

My original point was that people wearing kilts are not "attention whores" any more (or less) than those that wear jerseys they bought.

If you think I was parsing or putting words in your post that you didn't ... I hope this clears that up.

And I clarified the difference between the H&H shooting team that doesn't buy their shooting jerseys and the BoomerShooter contingency team that does so you will have an understanding of what your looking at the next time you see one of those jerseys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom