Kilts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kilts certainly have their place, as does hair tied up in a "bun" on the back of one's head. Both however, definitely do not belong on the typical, Southern American Male. Your typical Okie, or pretty much any other regional redneck, will simply look like a dude in a skirt if he wears a kilt. As for putting one's hair up in a bun, well, I think it looks nice on some women.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100 for an economy kilt is out of my range right now, maybe around tax time. wouldn't mine an altkilt some day. be nice to get at least one traditional kilt in my tartan.

Since you say you want one in "your tartan", I am assuming that you are indeed Scottish.

For the rest of us without a single drop of Celtic blood running through our veins, it's not a really a kilt unless your Scottish or Irish, it's really just a skirt.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes ... we can most definitely agree to disagree. And yes, I was aware of H&H sponsoring shooters. My point is that those who bought their H&H shirts are not sponsored by the individual brands on the shirts but by H.

And I am being sincere in saying that shooters like me really could learn from guys like you who shoot/compete. I think it would be cool if we could find a way to get the better shooters together and have a class of sorts for others to learn by. Only way people can get better at shooting, golf, playing guitar, etc. is to have some people help them.

Show up at a match. Find them online and talk to them. Shooters are some of the most helpful crowd of competitors I've ever met. There are dozens of youtube channels where pro shooters discuss and demonstrate how they reload their guns, draw, aim, transition, plan stages etc.

It's just like my wife says to her students that don't do anything all semester and then want help saying "if you'd just have a special session" or "If you'd just help me understand this"... The opportunities to learn are ALREADY there.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Show up at a match. Find them online and talk to them. Shooters are some of the most helpful crowd of competitors I've ever met. There are dozens of youtube channels where pro shooters discuss and demonstrate how they reload their guns, draw, aim, transition, plan stages etc.

It's just like my wife says to her students that don't do anything all semester and then want help saying "if you'd just have a special session" or "If you'd just help me understand this"... The opportunities to learn are ALREADY there.
Great point. One of the best decisions I ever made was getting involved in firearms training and competition shooting. As with most education endeavors, I didn't know just how much I didn't know until I made the effort to immerse myself in those learning environments.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great point. One of the best decisions I ever made was getting involved in firearms training and competition shooting. As with most education endeavors, I didn't know just how much I didn't know until I made the effort to immerse myself in those learning environments.

The guys that rock the H&H shooting jerseys didn't buy them.
They were selected by the store from a pool of applicants based on their performance in prior matches and their ability to represent those brands in public.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Yes.

My point was just that: this is not top-secret stuff. Show up, pay attention, and ask for help. I attended my first 3-gun match with an AR I hadn't yet sighted in, a box stock Glock with night sights, and ammo. Some of these "I bought a sponsorship from H&H t-shirt guys" loaned me belt, mags, mag holders, shell caddies, and even a shotgun. They coached me through the whole match. At one of the eat-n-shoots that we organized a number of years ago I listened to some guys who corrected my handgun grip. I now shoot a pistol *much* better.

Tischauser and getoffmylawnbecauseiboughtajerseyfromhandh both have been shooting for less time than I have IIRC, but made the commitment and investment into learning and are now both sponsored shooters. Did I remember correctly about you being sponsored @Getoffmylawn?

Latest posts

Top Bottom