Knowledgable re Kreighoff Rifle circa WWII needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quite pleased to stumble upon shooter assn in OK! Hello to all fellow Okies.... Ok, now down to business- my grandfather left me a rifle (auto) Krieghoff he brought back from Germany @ wars end. I'd certainly appreciate anyone's help ID this rifle and help me learn more re it's history etc. I appreciate your time!

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll I've been studying MilSurps for the last few days and can finally tell the difference between a SKS and a Mosin. But yeah I'm really not any help sorry. Still want to see some pics though.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's a legit FG-42, I imagine that's quite the treasure. Hope it's registered!

...or maybe it's a Krieghoff sporting rifle? Definitely need pics!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need some pics. As far as I know kreighoff never made G41s or G/K43's. If it is an FG-42 I sure hope its got papers and is registered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, don't believe post was relayed.... Anyone who knows this rifle could really help me! My gpa left to me, brought back from Germany unable to locate any info- incl their store in PA. It's an auto, nothing fancy, odd symbols and penguin on bottom of rifle butt (?) thanks! I do have pix as well. If this is a dupe msg- I apologize!
Angie

🐎Crazyhorse🐎

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸
Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Reaction score
Hmm, ok ty so much for info. PA adv factory was destroyed and lots of designs, paperwork gone... CH🔫

🐎Crazyhorse🐎

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸

Reaction score
Will post ASAP thanks!! CH🔫

🐎Crazyhorse🐎

🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸

Latest posts

Top Bottom