Kydex first attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have built a couple of mag holsters and an holster for my wifes car console.
I have also made holder for tackle boxes in the boat

This stuff is fun and has endless possibilities.

As far as the retention goes, for the mag pouches I built, you can use a heat gun on the back side and give it a slight thumb indention until you get the desired retention.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have built a couple of mag holsters and an holster for my wifes car console.
I have also made holder for tackle boxes in the boat

This stuff is fun and has endless possibilities.

As far as the retention goes, for the mag pouches I built, you can use a heat gun on the back side and give it a slight thumb indention until you get the desired retention.

Man really interested in seeing the car console holster and tackle box holders. Post them up if you can. I am having trouble with the mag holders so far so thanks for that tip I am going to try it out.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great, I've really been wanting to get into Kydex, I'm just holding back after the initial costs of Cerakote setups!

Thanks, Do you do cerakote work for people? I am interested in getting a rifle/silencer/scope done down the road. I don't think I could do the cerakote work myself. my first welding job when I was younger the boss would have me go off and help paint some pressure vessels. It did not last too long before I was back to the welding/fabrication side of things.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man really interested in seeing the car console holster and tackle box holders. Post them up if you can. I am having trouble with the mag holders so far so thanks for that tip I am going to try it out.

Here is the holster for my wifes car. It utilizes a pocket holster with a clip. It is easy to remove the entire holster in the event she needs to put it in her purse.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I needed some better sheath's for my Ontario afghan and Rat 5. I only took pictures of the sheath for the Afghan. Here is two different ones I did. I'm thinking about paying some one to do a nice leather one for my next knife I plan on purchasing. I kind of want a scout carry set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom