Ladder stand installation tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stands usually come with a safety harness. They are struggle for me to get them on correctly so I bought a decent one that I get adjusted to ME so then its just a matter of snapping it on. I highly recommend one. I've known 2 people that got seriously injured falling from a tree stand. I have 5 stands with a safety rope attached to each with a carabiner attached with a prusik knot. Snap the harness to it and you are good to go. I usually try to learn from other's mistakes.

View attachment 488990
Nice one! Will (must) use the ones that came with the stands to put them up. Will order the Hunter Safety Systems harness or two, like yours, to receive prior to start of archery season - also hoping/praying my crossbow comes in by then.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s nothing better than having an experienced hunter sit your stands for the 1st couple or three days of season, just to give you feed back on your work.

I just happen to be available and am experienced in this feedback and I’ll have my own bow with me to see if there’s enough room to move and shoot.

Of course if anything is shot while I’m in your stand I will give you feedback on how the dissection, consumption, and mounting of said animal goes. That’s how giving we are here on OSA, always looking to help the new guys!!👍👍🫣🫣😜

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first one I ever tried to install, I put too much weight on the ladder and bent it 90 degrees. Very frustrating on a hot day, trust me. It ended up being a fish attractor in our pond.

I do have one recommendation for you, consider a tripod instead of a ladder. I like these a lot better and are easier to get more shooting angles since you are not restricted by the tree. All of mine are close to trees but I still get the option of looking 365 degrees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom