LARGE Tree Spade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, people of OSA.

I'm working on organizing my Eagle Scout project, and I've decided to help my church, St. Benedict's in Broken Arrow. Our priest has asked me to help in the transplanting of a large tree, and I'll be planting a memorial flowerbed around it. The tree needs to be moved within the next two weeks to reduce shock from the transplant, but my contact and I cannot find anyone around with a tree spade for rent. He works for PSO as a forester and told me that we'll need a tree spade that can handle a pretty large root ball.

Do any of you guys or gals have or know anyone who has a tree spade that would be available for rent for a day in the next couple of weeks?

Grazie!

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might try one of the tree nurseries or the Big landscaping places in Tulsa. They might know where to rent one. The landscaper we use at work borrows the one from the tree nursery here in Muskogee. Some one surely has the same thin going up there.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I do for a living unfortunately our spades are in OKC. There aren't any 90" spades around the Tulsa area from talking to all the nurseries up there.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
60" should work, I would give Sanders nursery a call and see if they have a suggestion of anyone local. As an eagle scout myself I would love to help if our equipment was up there. I'll see if I can dig up the managers number at sanders and send you an pm.

Jerry Keeter

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello, people of OSA.

I'm working on organizing my Eagle Scout project, and I've decided to help my church, St. Benedict's in Broken Arrow. Our priest has asked me to help in the transplanting of a large tree, and I'll be planting a memorial flowerbed around it. The tree needs to be moved within the next two weeks to reduce shock from the transplant, but my contact and I cannot find anyone around with a tree spade for rent. He works for PSO as a forester and told me that we'll need a tree spade that can handle a pretty large root ball.

Do any of you guys or gals have or know anyone who has a tree spade that would be available for rent for a day in the next couple of weeks?

Grazie!
I have a 78" Big John that I'm considering putting back into commission. [email protected]

Latest posts

Top Bottom