Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today at Wilshire.

PXL_20240622_152317640.jpg

This one is mine, I'm getting closer to getting them all in the blue. When I do I will start working on speed, until then I will continue with the rehab work we are doing with my hands/wrists and continue to practice.

PXL_20240622_153337162.jpg

This next one is my son who is also improving his aim. I think this is his fourth time coming with me shooting pistol. Range is 10 yards, shooting my Dagger/Glock 19 clone. I think he got him.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, the evil paper man has bit the dust. Aside from a few low shots, not bad. I've noticed over the years ,that the major portion of the gunshot victims I have had, have been abdominal shots. Not sure if the thoracic cavity shots just aren't surviving to get to me or if it is a trend that our LEO members have noticed? Always wondered.

PXL_20240629_152835011.jpg

Bad Hombre

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again, the evil paper man has bit the dust. Aside from a few low shots, not bad. I've noticed over the years ,that the major portion of the gunshot victims I have had, have been abdominal shots. Not sure if the thoracic cavity shots just aren't surviving to get to me or if it is a trend that our LEO members have noticed? Always wondered.

View attachment 490405
What distance are you shooting from?

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 490405
I have noticed that when I am shooting at speed on silhouettes without scoring zones obvious to the shooter (like USPSA cardboard targets) I almost always tend to group low. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm letting my eye be drawn to the center of the target. It's a bad habit I really need to train out. I suspect a lot of the folks sending you gunshot victims haven't trained that habit out either!

Attachments

• USPSA TARGET.jpg
    USPSA TARGET.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are today's results.

PXL_20240705_153919957.jpg

First up is me, I'll take the liver and artery hits that are outside of the central box. Either would cause major issues. I'm also loving these new anatomical targets, I got from Amazon.

PXL_20240705_154247214.jpg

Next up is my son, who is coming along nicely. Aside from two hits up in the shoulder area which missed the vasculature, he too got all cardiopulmonary with two liver hits. Both targets are 10 yards.

What was unsuccessful about the trip, was my trying out AAC 77 grain OTM ammo. I would get 4 or 5 stovepipes or light primer strikes per 30 round mag, so it's back to the drawing board on what heavy ammo to get. I have some AAC 77 grain Sierra Match that came in today and will order some 77 grain IMI Razor Core next payday to see how much better it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom