Lawton Police dept looking at gun buy back program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.... because don't you know that every criminal in town is going to line up at the police station and sell his illegal gun for a $50 gift card.

IDIOTS.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.... because don't you know that every criminal in town is going to line up at the police station and sell his illegal gun for a $50 gift card.

IDIOTS.

I haven't read where amnesty is granted, but there have been gun buyback programs that grants amnesty to the person turning in the firearm.

In other words, when I buy my next firearm, eventhough I have a conceal carry license, had been an FFL holder, and have a few dozen other firearm purchases, I will have a background check done on me.

Mr. Criminal gets a free pass to get paid for a stolen firearm.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its not illegal in seattle! might as well show up at the show and buy some hi points for ourselves for half price!

It is now...they will be writing citations to those who sell them to the bystanders for being a street vendor (vendor on a public right of way) without a permit.
Let me make that clear, they are going after the sellers, not the buyers. However, if you saw someone standing in line with something you wanted, you could talk to them, say I'll give you $100 for it and meet you in the Walmart parking lto in 5 mins.

Do they run serial numbers and return stolen guns to their rightful owners? Doubt it, but they MF'ing should.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was on a police force, I'd do this just to get some great prices on collectible firearms. :)

Can you imagine how many friends of the cops are putting in their wish list?

Maybe Uncle Sam's on Ft. Sill Blvd. will purchase some.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uncle Sam's on FSB shut down their gun store last year for some reason and turned it into a car lot...like we needed another car lot in Rawton. Bet they wish they wouldn't have now!!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading about it, they will return stolen guns. They will destroy illegal guns, or ones with serial numbers removed. They are looking to make money by selling the firearms to dealers for resell. The buy back is not to take guns off the street, LPD has found a way of generating revenue without taxation of citations. I find it amusing how some dumbass is going to turn in their gun so LPD can make money off them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom