Lazy mans CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious on opinions for "Lazy Carry", you know, when you have on some shorts or jeans and you're going to run to the store real quick. Don't want to strap on my Crossbreed with my S&W 340 CT...

Looking for a front pocket carry...needs to be small enought to fit but still have enough to use for SD. Narrowed down to these:

1) Rohrbaugh R9 - looks to be as big as I would consider pocket carry. Biggest in the group, but only one that gives 9mm.

2) Seecamp 380 - Smallest of the bunch and still gives .380 punch.

Everything else: P238, LCP, KelTac etc...

Don't mind paying for quality...that's why the Rohrbaugh and Seecamp are the top 2.

How much do I give up out of these mouse sized guns to go down from 9mm to .380? Really want the smallest possible with the best pop...

Anyone with ideas?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an LCP and am very happy with it. It feels better (IMHO) than the Kel-Tec though I am sure both function fine.

If I were buying a pocket gun today, in that price range, I would strongly consider the Taurus TCP. It is unlike other Taurus products in fit and finish (perhaps being made in the USA helps that??) and I believe is at the head of the class in terms of polymer pocket .380s.

The Seecamp is nice, but I think it is overpriced. For the the price of the .32, I can get a nice .380. If I were considering the .380, I would just spring for the Rohrbaugh (though I have no first-hand experience with one). I have handled the Seecamps and while small, they are a straight blowback design. Not fun to shoot, even when compared to other pocket pistols.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just get a pocket holster for your 340? I carry a 642 in my front pocket in either a Galco or Uncle Mike's holster when I can't or don't feel like carrying IWB. The Galco seems to work better for pants and shorts with curved pockets and the UM better for jeans with shallow pockets. For around $50 you can buy both and keep your same gun and ammo.

I don't have any experience with the small semiautos you listed, so I can't really comment on those.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me the LCP is the perfect pocket carry.

I have a 642 and its seems a bit bulky for me. I've also had a Sig P238 and it fits well but its single action.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me the LCP is the perfect pocket carry.

I have a 642 and its seems a bit bulky for me. I've also had a Sig P238 and it fits well but its single action.

That's what I'm thinking...love my 340, but a revolver is a little too bulky for lazy front pocket carry. Seems like a Seecamp .380 is really my best bet if I can believe that .380 is sufficient...

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you might want to consider a different holster for the "lazy ccw". Check out http://www.remoraholsters.com/. I was looking for something that I could wear in something with no belt - sweat pants or shorts with draw string. This holster is amazing. If you just need to run to the store, stick it inside your sweats, tighten up the drawstring and you are good to go. I trucked all around the Home Depot store the other day and my G36 stayed right in place. And only $30 bucks with a mag holder. Shipping included.

Ccpatrick

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry my Seacamp .380 in a desantis pocket holster for situations like you said. I don't have near the confidence though. It takes me almost 3 secs to draw to first shot. My G27 in crossbreed is my normal ccw. We have common tastes...except my car is faster ;)

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look into a PM9. If you have, I'd be curious to know why you rejected it.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with a 380. Too many people saying it's not an adequate self-defense caliber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom