Lazy mans CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were me and my decision, I would get the Seecamp .380 for a "lazy carry". Small enough to leave in your pocket as a BUG for the times you're not too lazy to pack your primary carry.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr 380 with Cor Bon loads. The gun is rated for hot ammo and the Cor bon's have better ballistics that 38 specials.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a SW 442, but my son has a LCP. He has never had a FTE or FTF. I really like it and will probably get one. I have always liked anything Ruger puts out.

jcj1407

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried a Rohrbaugh R9 for almost 3 years. I keep a couple extra springs to change them when needed. In all honesty, I don't think it's a gun you will want to shoot hundreds of rounds at a time (I know some are going to flame me for this). I did shoot it a lot when I first got it but now I put 50 or so rounds through it every time I go to the range. I carry the gun in the pocket, IWB, and OWB. It's not my everyday but I do have it with me quite often, especially during the summer. It's a great gun for it's intended use and mine has performed flawlessly.

Reaction score
If you can afford the Rohrbaugh, then I would go for the Rohrbaugh - at least until some other contenders come out - maybe the MSAR Archangel or Boberg XR9 will be as small - if they ever become reality.

For smaller (.380s), Seecamps are supposed to be quite good, but on the heavy side, so they drag your pocket down in a lightweight shorts. My choice for .380/smartcarry is the Kahr .380. Almost as good as the Seecamp, and lighter.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loopers has a holster for front pocket carry. They make it for a Kel-tec, LCP, Sig .380, S&W BG, and j-frames. I've been using one for months with my KT and love it!

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were me and my decision, I would get the Seecamp .380 for a "lazy carry". Small enough to leave in your pocket as a BUG for the times you're not too lazy to pack your primary carry.

If you can afford the Rohrbaugh, then I would go for the Rohrbaugh - at least until some other contenders come out - maybe the MSAR Archangel or Boberg XR9 will be as small - if they ever become reality.

For smaller (.380s), Seecamps are supposed to be quite good, but on the heavy side, so they drag your pocket down in a lightweight shorts. My choice for .380/smartcarry is the Kahr .380. Almost as good as the Seecamp, and lighter.

The Seecamp is the answer. I LOVE it. It is everything I wanted. SUPER small (and I don't know what you're talking about with the heavy comment and dragging down your shorts?) and is in every way for me better than the Kahr since it is MUCH smaller in real life and the quality of a hand built gun is unmistakeable...and I shot 50 flawless rounds through it.

Here it is sitting on my wallet (notice you can see my wallet on the top also...it is THAT small)

ai29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_see.png

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I went put to grab a pizza from Mazzios this evening, about 9:45. Having worked about 14 hours today, I was dead tired. I thought about gunning up with a pocket j frame, but I took the extra 25 seconds to put on my IWB with a full size m&p.
25 seconds was all it took to chop my draw time in half, and increase the number of rounds I had on my person by over six fold.
In addition, I had a firearm on me that I have put at least 300 rounds a week through since early summer and am completely competent with.

Did I make the right choice? Or should I have been lazy?

You must have been really tired!

It only takes 5 seconds to clip on a DH 715 and drop my Glock 19 in it. I can carry that with shorts and t-shirt, and have many times.

I refuse to consider pocket carry for a primary weapon, period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom