Lazy mans CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OKCShooter, well OK, I'll buy that - gotta defer to you as I haven't owned one - just fondled them - sounds like the ding ding ding we have a winner option provided you're happy with .380... now stop it please, or you'll make me want to go buy a Seecamp.

But in my experience, metal hand cannons (like the Kahr MK9 I had) drag you down and flop a bit, during pocket carry, depending on the pants pocket material and dimensions. I guess the Seecamp is lighter.

Say, OKCShooter, what IS the weight of the Seecamp .380?

I think it would make a really good everyday SmartCarry option, just as my MK9 did. But I got the Kahr .380 for "jogging carry" in SmartCarry (or other outdoor activities where lightness and lack of "flopping" are at a premium) - it's 9.7 oz withOUT the magazine in. So it fits this purpose well for an ultralight. I had the Kel-Tec P3AT and loved everything about it *except* for the critical issue of the too-sensitive mag release, so it had to go. The Kahr is a really quality piece, as polymer guns go, and doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: Holy crap, the Seecamp .380 is only 10.5 oz without the magazine - that's virtually identical to the Kahr .380!! It's identical for all practical purposes. Oh man, that is cool. I hate to admit that it's probably the better option than even the Kahr - I love a metal gun. That's it; now I want a Seecamp - thanks a hell of a lot! :D

http://www.seecamp.com/products.htm

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-P380.asp

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You post sounds like everything I was thinking until I decided to get a Seecamp...

I bought it sight unseen (thanks Patrick) and it's even better than expected. I couldn't be happier.

OKCShooter, well OK, I'll buy that - gotta defer to you as I haven't owned one - just fondled them - sounds like the ding ding ding we have a winner option provided you're happy with .380... now stop it please, or you'll make me want to go buy a Seecamp.

But in my experience, metal hand cannons (like the Kahr MK9 I had) drag you down and flop a bit, during pocket carry, depending on the pants pocket material and dimensions. I guess the Seecamp is lighter.

Say, OKCShooter, what IS the weight of the Seecamp .380?

I think it would make a really good everyday SmartCarry option, just as my MK9 did. But I got the Kahr .380 for "jogging carry" in SmartCarry (or other outdoor activities where lightness and lack of "flopping" are at a premium) - it's 9.7 oz withOUT the magazine in. So it fits this purpose well for an ultralight. I had the Kel-Tec P3AT and loved everything about it *except* for the critical issue of the too-sensitive mag release, so it had to go. The Kahr is a really quality piece, as polymer guns go, and doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: Holy crap, the Seecamp .380 is only 10.5 oz without the magazine - that's virtually identical to the Kahr .380!! It's identical for all practical purposes. Oh man, that is cool. I hate to admit that it's probably the better option than even the Kahr - I love a metal gun. That's it; now I want a Seecamp - thanks a hell of a lot! :D

http://www.seecamp.com/products.htm

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-P380.asp

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Stainless "AMT 380 backup", that I have carried for about 10 years as a light duty ccw. It has only 5 shots, 4+1, but it has worked flawlessly every time I have shot it at the range. It has been a good weapon.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Seecamp is the answer. I LOVE it. It is everything I wanted. SUPER small (and I don't know what you're talking about with the heavy comment and dragging down your shorts?) and is in every way for me better than the Kahr since it is MUCH smaller in real life and the quality of a hand built gun is unmistakeable...and I shot 50 flawless rounds through it.

Here it is sitting on my wallet (notice you can see my wallet on the top also...it is THAT small)

Congrats! I'd sure like to have one of my own, but right now just isn't the time. Maybe early next year... I'm sure you have looked at the Seecamp website and seen that there is a wealth of info on it, and in their forum. If not, you should check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom