Leaked Military Document - Operation Jade Helm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted the article listed in the title in the general forums area, This is really scary to me. I'm going to have to apologize to all those tin foil hat folks that I sneered at previously.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's Unclassified so not really a big deal. If you look at the map, what it's showing you is the exercise senario (red/blue states) but the black boxes are where they will actually be performing the exercise (think the circle might be where they expect troops to be moving around). Pretty sure the civilian clothes/cars comment is related to the personal playing the role of the "insurgent force." They did say they chose Texas due to the support they expect from the local population. Looks like a fun party!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The exercise part I understand. What bothers me is the need to practice an exercise of that nature potentially using it against US Citizens. What would ever justify using the military against our own citizens. I know we have contingency plans for virtually everything imaginable, but why spend the money practicing against we the people if they don't plan to use it.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe with all the tension with Russia, they are practicing an asymetric warfare scenario in a post nuclear US? Or the scenario of a modern day civil war (did list Cannon AFB as hostile)? Hell it may be just another in a long series of sabre rattling with Russia. I kind of wish I would have been a war planner because having a job where I sit in a group and dream up scenarios then go fight them in an exercise would be pretty cool.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we have contingency plans for virtually everything imaginable, but why spend the money practicing against we the people if they don't plan to use it.
You practice where you can with with what you have. They're Americans, so they practice in America, and it wouldn't make sense to pretend that folks from Utah or Texas are goat rapers from ISIL or Boko Haram, so you use a scenario which has more plausibility.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The exercise part I understand. What bothers me is the need to practice an exercise of that nature potentially using it against US Citizens. What would ever justify using the military against our own citizens. I know we have contingency plans for virtually everything imaginable, but why spend the money practicing against we the people if they don't plan to use it.

Read up on the traditional, original mission of the Green Berets and the training they do during Robin Sage, Pineland etc...

Realistic asymmetric warfare training, in real environments, with real people can't be replicated on a sterile range on Fort Hood. This is quality stuff and I'm glad they are getting back to basics. They are working on the fundamentals, not planning for an invasion of Texas. The locations are a training aid, not the objective.

You want a 20-something special forces captain to be effective leading his team, far from the flag pole, interacting with indigenous forces with little to no logistics support? Then put out him out there for real. Send him to Flapjack Texas and get him to convince the sheriff of Flapjack to form a militia to defend against the troglodytes from New Mexico.

Stop getting hung up on them training in the US. This kind of training has gone on since before we had an Army. Where would you prefer we have them conduct training?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep there is no way they are practicing with "we the people" instead of against them.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the police across the nation have been armed with military grade weapons and armored vehicles....now the Fed Govt is going to provide "oversight" to those LEO agencies....that puts an entirely different light on Jade Helm....I am in the camp with those that believe it is about us....that some calamity is imminent, martial law and FEMA camps are coming....

"change is coming America"

Latest posts

Top Bottom