Leather G23/19 OWB Holster - freshly minted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First I made a pattern with construction paper, complete with holes. Then I marked and punched the holes using wooden mallet and punch. There are also hand punches available for this purpose. Finally, I joined the leather and hand stitched it using a saddle-stitch, which is inherently stronger than the lock-stitch you'll get with the sewing awl.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem - glad to be a help! I'd love to be able to sell a few and make money to buy more leather, but I'd love even more to encourage others to learn to do it for themselves. There's a certain pride in personal craftsmanship.

Sell a man a holster, and he'll protect a gun. Teach him to work leather, and he'll buy more guns just so he can make holsters for them!

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem - glad to be a help! I'd love to be able to sell a few and make money to buy more leather, but I'd love even more to encourage others to learn to do it for themselves. There's a certain pride in personal craftsmanship.

Sell a man a holster, and he'll protect a gun. Teach him to work leather, and he'll buy more guns just so he can make holsters for them!

My wife just gave me "the look" when i quoted you about buying more guns.

Thanks again. Ill post a pic when i get done. My second coat of stain is drying now

Latest posts

Top Bottom