• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Leather Working Supplies/Equipment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 91.7%
10   1   1
Man you are in luck! When is your birthday @MichaelCox? I have got a bunch of leatherworking tools that I no longer use. I got into it pretty heavily back in the day, making holsters, etc. Reloading came along and took up some of my workbench space. Later on watchmaking came along and now all of my leatherworking tools have been stored in plastic tubs in the back of a closet. They haven't seen the light of day for a few years now, and I'd be happy to give them to you if you'd get some use out of them.

Today is my birthday, so I am having to spend my day going around getting mundane tasks done! I did give myself a present though by taking a nap! HAHA! When I get some time I'll dig everything out send send you some photos.
Happy belated Birthday

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Awesome guy you are @thor447
@MichaelCox once you use that Barry King mallet you’ll throw that yellow mallet under the desk. We have several Barry king mallets and mauls. Some Al Stohlmans too. There’s a difference. If you get into tooling then I suggest buying good stamping tools from Barry King or Hackbarth. Yes Tandy makes dang near everything readily available but there’s a huge difference in the crispness and impressions left by the better stamps.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What is your planned method for attaching leathers together? Rivets, buckstich, hand sew or machine? We started with hand sewing, then got a tippman boss and now we have two big machines. The machines hold their value very well so even if you decide it ain’t for you it doesn’t hurt much financially to sell out. Really all leather tools hold value very well. You just happened into a great deal from a great guy. Knowing what I know now I would’ve bought the Tippman Boss much sooner and done much less hand sewing.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
What is your planned method for attaching leathers together? Rivets, buckstich, hand sew or machine? We started with hand sewing, then got a tippman boss and now we have two big machines. The machines hold their value very well so even if you decide it ain’t for you it doesn’t hurt much financially to sell out. Really all leather tools hold value very well. You just happened into a great deal from a great guy. Knowing what I know now I would’ve bought the Tippman Boss much sooner and done much less hand sewing.
I have no idea and am a complete rookie. I looked online to see if Tandy had any classes coming up and nothing is scheduled. I plan to buy some of the recommended books. I've kind of always liked good leather items and need a good hobby to get started on this winter. I'm excited to get the stuff from Adam and it's very generous of him to offer.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have no idea and am a complete rookie. I looked online to see if Tandy had any classes coming up and nothing is scheduled. I plan to buy some of the recommended books. I've kind of always liked good leather items and need a good hobby to get started on this winter. I'm excited to get the stuff from Adam and it's very generous of him to offer.
I believe there is a forum called Leatherworker.net or something like that. Been too long since I went there.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Awesome guy you are @thor447
@MichaelCox once you use that Barry King mallet you’ll throw that yellow mallet under the desk.
You are correct. The yellow one was just what I had originally. It was only used for a brief time before I spent some money on a good one. The Barry King is a quality tool for sure. I’m actually surprised I kept the yellow mallet. I guess I figured I’d whack something with it eventually, leather or otherwise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom