Lee Reloader for 12ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one, but have never reloaded any slugs with it. I have never loaded any shotgun slugs, PERIOD; though I have loaded a ton of pistol and rifle ammo. I bought one years ago because I did (and still do) very little shotgun shooting. If I were going to do any appreciable amount of shotshell reloading, I would look around for a good used MEC.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
slugger, i started out on a load-all and loaded a few thousand rounds with them. the only problem i see is that it is tough to get good wad pressure when you crimp. the light weight of the load-alls is great for target loads but if your doing anything else you would be well served to step up to something else.DRC458 hit it right, i would move to a good used MEC for slugs. i have seen a few at garage sales in the $40 range. post something in the WTB section of the classifieds. i bet theres one out there.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Lee is the only shotshell reloader I've ever used, and it works fine for me. Not fast by any means, but I can load a box of shells in about 20 minutes. That said, I've never loaded any smokeless powder loads with mine. I load BP for Cowboy Action, and have to hand dip the powder as there is not a large enough powder bushing to throw the right amount of BP. Most folks say don't mess with the primer feed, and I agree. It's quicker to turn a primer box upside down, put it flat on your loading bench and slide the cover back enough to let 10 or 20 primers slide out. Then when moving the hull from the sizing/depriming station, press the hull over a primer just enough to start it, then go to the priming station to fully seat the primer.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for a MEC. Even the cheapest MEC 600JR will load any kind of shotgun shell you want and there have been a TON of them sold and are still working. Look around or post a want ad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom