Reloading 5.7x28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knox'sgpa

Marksman
Reaction score
Going to try reloading this caliber. I know not to wet tumbler with pins to keep the coating on the brass but I have heard the RCBS dies will scrape the coating off during resizing. Anyone have any first hand experience on which die worked best?
I mostly run RCBS but also have Lee, Hornady and Redding dies and have no reservations against using any of them.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on your brass, the fn brass is coated, most of the others are not. They say if using coated brass
Keep the coating intact or get it all off. I use the un coated brass. Be cautious with with your powder, A
Tenth over can run you over pressure. I aim for a couple.tenths under to be carefull. I have no problems
Reloading it, I am just super cautious and stay under published data to be safe. If using coated brass just
Use a sonic cleaner, don't wet or dry tumbler. I have loaded hundreds of rounds with no problems

knox'sgpa

Marksman
Reaction score
Depends on your brass, the fn brass is coated, most of the others are not. They say if using coated brass
Keep the coating intact or get it all off. I use the un coated brass. Be cautious with with your powder, A
Tenth over can run you over pressure. I aim for a couple.tenths under to be carefull. I have no problems
Reloading it, I am just super cautious and stay under published data to be safe. If using coated brass just
Use a sonic cleaner, don't wet or dry tumbler. I have loaded hundreds of rounds with no problems
What brand of die are you using?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I polish all my dies with a bore mop and Meguiars machine glaze or fine cut cleaner.
Some use Flitz.
You will be amazed how much easier it is to size cases in a highly polished die.
Should be better for any coated cases that way.

I also polish the expander mandrel to a chrome finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom