Lee Roy Selmon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to multiple news outlets lee roy went to play for god's team this afternoon. He had a stroke and died at age 56. These reports are conflicting but even the reports that say he is alive give him a slim chance of survival. I am too young to have seen him play in person but i have seen his highlights thanks to my dad who did see him in person. I have met him multiple times at games and events and he was one of the nicest people around. A very sad day for sooner nation. I hope they have a memorial for him tomorrow night. God bless mrs selmon and keep the selmons in your prayers.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I met him when he played for the Tampa Bay Bucaneers.He and his brother Dewey were both nice guys.I hope the reports are incorrect.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is a super guy as with all the Selmon's I have met. I met, I think it was his sister a few years ago at the ER she was the Dr. on duty.
Prayers sent.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very sad news; such a young age; I also hope they make mention of him at the game tomorrow evening--regardless of the outcome

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope he pulls through as well even as bleak as it looks. To me its just as sad as when Jack Buck and Walter Payton died. Lee roy basically one handed took a crap team and turned them into a playoff team in tampa bay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom