Freaking neighbors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m the same way as you guys, I’ll help just about all of my neighbors with their cattle if they are out on the roads. Put them back in and most times never even mention it to them, I’ve even patched fence and not said anything about it.

If one of mine got out and caused damage to someones vehicle, I’d be the first one on the phone to the insurance company saying it’s on me.

I sure don’t like calling the sheriff about it either and seldom do, but on those fellas (fella in my case) that have cattle out consistently, I’ve called the county just to have a record of it.

I’ve told my wife a bunch of times someone’s going to hit or get hit by one of this guys cattle, little did I think it’d be me. LOL

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that I don't know, it's that I don't really care too much.

You can still answer, you just don't get a cherry dum dum, lol

Oddly enough, my mother was a self taught artist that worked mostly with oil paints. However, even though she got to the stage of teaching others to paint, I certainly haven't the talent or the knowledge of what colors to mix to get a particular "shade."

Back onto the topic of cattle getting our, when we worked and lived on the farm/ranch back in the late '70's and early '80's, we would get calls from both the Texas County sheriff in Oklahoma and the Morton County sheriff in SW Kansas. We might have had two fields where we pastured cattle along Highway 56 between Keyes, OK and Elkhart, KS (24 miles apart), but if anyone reported a cow critter out anywhere, it seemed to be us that got called. That in spite of the fact that our cattle seldom ever got out.

And yes, that part of the Oklahoma Panhandle was NOT open range. One didn't find much in the way of open range until they got out near Kenton in western Cimarron County.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I knew a rough old gal that owned a bar north of OKC kind of east of Britton. Local farmer had hogs that kept getting out, coming to her bar and chasing customers around the parking lot.

After several times of this and the hogs owner nor the law doing anything she got fed up. One day the hogs were back so she went out and shot them. Had some of the customers help load them in her truck and took them to be processed. Gave half the meat to the guy that owned them and kept the rest for her troubles. Hog owner did not dare raise a stink about it. When I say rough, I mean rough. :P

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a noun, yes, as a color, it's red. As an adjective, it’s a rouge (red) NOUN. Francais no less. vin rouge or whatever silliness my sister says...red wine. So calling the calf a "rouge calf" that means it's a red calf like Clifford the dog red.

You know what purple is but I should have said something silly like Iris, and Chartreuse, well, that's bright almost fluorescent green. Yay, color lesson.

What are the five base colors in painting/art? I'll send you a cherry dum dum if you get it right without google and in the next 3 minutes. Time now 2109
Rogue

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On government property

On government property
The buffalo are the cattle are not. There are some buffalo privately owned but I haven’t been out that way in a long time I’m not sure if they are free range or not but if you have ever been around them they don’t stay in fences very well lol a lot of the cowboys spend time every week running them back in

Latest posts

Top Bottom