Let talk about outdoor wireless security cameras.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hardwired system and a couple cellular game cams. Plus a Wyze wireless doorbell. All of them do what they’re supposed to do.

Problem comes in with the new ones I purchased from Wyze all seem to not be working. Checked online and others are having the same problems with them and no customer support with a fix.

So I’ve moved on to trying something different or a different brand. I have just a couple spots I’d like to check on from my recliner that are well within the reach of my home wifi at the house.

Anybody have any recommendations for currently available wireless security cameras?

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay hard wired. Dirtbags are beginning to use jammers to beat wireless security systems

Keeping our hardwired and cellular devices.

Just looking for a couple wireless I can peak at when I’m sitting in the recliner. If they get ‘jammed’ I’ll get up and walk out to see.

Hardwiring out to those locations would be a lot more expensive.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd never had one before so I went with the Blink system from Amazon. I got the doorbell and 4 additional outdoor cameras, plus a year of the subscription service, for around $160. I just happened to buy it during Prime Days (which is coming up) so it was deeply discounted. Picture quality and reliability have both been fantastic. I can't compare it to anything else but it seems great to me. Does really good at night, too. Sound is excellent. You can adjust many parameters easily from a menu. I knew the Amazon system would be pretty easy and if I wasn't happy there wouldn't be any issue returning it. I'm quite happy with it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, with the Blink system, you don't need the subscription service. You'll get a little control module with your system that will accept a USB drive. You'll still get notifications and you can still store your video clips locally. That sounds more like what you need. Inexpensive, good quality and easy to set up.

And no need to run it thru some other service like Alexa or Siri. It works independently of that or you can tie them together. I chose not to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom