Let talk about outdoor wireless security cameras.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to put up some wireless cams but the problem i have is I'm cheap and have no Wi-Fi service where i want to put them and don't want to pay for a monthly service just to view what is going on in the area

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of Blink XT2's set up recently, which were working great. You can give each camera a name and I would say "Alexa Front Door and it would show on my Echo Show. The storm a couple of weeks ago had a lightning strike so close to the house it fried my router so I haven't been able to re-link it since the internet provider installed a new one.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 blink systems....one for the house with 6 cameras ( indoor and outside perimiter ) one for the barn with 5 cameras (monitor perimeter and goat kidding pens ). Had to get a Wifi extender for the barn. Been using them for 10 years ( before Amazon bought them ) they have been very reliable and battery life is amazing.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I bought the Blink as suggested.
Tells me to download the app for simple installation. First it wants the serial number which is hidden inside, you have to figure that out on your own.
Now it says I have to buy a sync module. Why wasn’t that mentioned when I bought it?
Another day or two waiting on that to arrive. Kinda getting pissed at this simple installation.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[

Now it says I have to buy a sync module. Why wasn’t that mentioned when I bought it?
Another day or two waiting on that to arrive. Kinda getting pissed at this simple installation.
[/QUOTE]

Yep I thought that was awful cheap price you mentioned. You have to buy the initial system that would probably include the sync module and 1 camera. Then you can add cameras as many as you please. Download the free app. Follow the instructions with it. Then to add a camera open it up to install batteries. There is usually a QR code that you can scan to make almost automatic

Latest posts

Top Bottom