Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
after looking at all these 16" barrel guns I want to go to the 16" I have been looking at barrels and see that they come with a gas block but do they come with the shorter gas tube?

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
after looking at all these 16" barrel guns I want to go to the 16" I have been looking at barrels and see that they come with a gas block but do they come with the shorter gas tube?

16" barrels generally come in two flavors - carbine length gas and mid-length gas. I'm sure there are others out there but those are 99.9% of them.

The carbine length is at about the 7" mark, mid-length at 9".

The mid-length, all things equal, will run smoother and more reliably. Your parts should last longer in theory because of the reduced gas pressures that the mid-length system affords.

I've got a 16" barreled carbine gas gun and I love it. I've also had a mid-length 16" before as well.

ROON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
16" barrels generally come in two flavors - carbine length gas and mid-length gas. I'm sure there are others out there but those are 99.9% of them.

The carbine length is at about the 7" mark, mid-length at 9".

The mid-length, all things equal, will run smoother and more reliably. Your parts should last longer in theory because of the reduced gas pressures that the mid-length system affords.

I've got a 16" barreled carbine gas gun and I love it. I've also had a mid-length 16" before as well.

Thanks! Mid length it is. It seems that after looking at rail systems I will have a larger selection to.

OkGunNut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
RRA upper, Spikes tactical lower, Magpul everything
ai443.photobucket.com_albums_qq159_OkGunNut_photo_6.jpg