1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Lets See All the Milsurp Bolt Action Rifles

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by coolhandluke, May 16, 2011.

1. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The M94 is pretty much done. The old varnish was removed and the stock received several coats of linseed oil cut with turpentine. The barrel extension was removed by Honeybee and he also matched the reproduction nose cap with the original pieces on the rifle. The sling is from a Swedish M45 since original M94 slings are very difficult to find. The stock buckle was also replaced with a NOS buckle since the one that was on it had a broken leather loop. Currently it has a NOS Husqvarna trigger guard since I need to do some repairs to the original. This M94 is unconverted to the 94/14 bayonet configuration and is therefore on the rare side. It is complete numbers-matching except for the most important piece; the bolt is 2 digits away from the receiver. It's a Gustafs from 1904 and thanks to my brother's keen eye, a pawnshop rescue. It was assigned to the 7th Company of the 4th Artillery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barrel extension before being turned down
    [​IMG]

Here's a "before" shot
    [​IMG]

2. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Gorgeous...nothing like seeing an old warhorse returned to the way she was meant to be.

You should be very proud. That is hands down one of the best restorations that I have seen.

3. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thank you very much! It really helped that I had a mostly complete, un-bubba'd example to work from.

4. OKC_Jim

OKC_Jim Sharpshooter

I'll play.

Here is my Eddystone 1917.

[​IMG]

I'd like to get a Kerr No-Buckl Sling for it. Except I hear there are various lengths. Does anybody know where to get the correct length for the 1917?

Jim

5. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That looks great! My Dad sporterized a Remington '17 in the 60s. It was the thing to do at the time. He wishes now that he would have left it alone.

6. 1917 Remington Mosin Nagant
    [​IMG]

7. MAS Mle 36
    [​IMG]

8. revo

revo Sharpshooter

I got my Kerr repro sling off ebay for my 1917.