Lets see all the rides!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will miss driving with the windshield down, and door-less. I will not miss that this winter, however. Eventually I will replace the auto with a 4 speed, and the lame 208 transfer with a 205 (read "not lame"). Autos are for queers. I will just have to sing show tunes for a while. I'm also gonna make the doors quick release. Doors are for losers. I have 5 brand new 35s to put on after I finish off the ones that are currently on it.

The midget and I went many a place with no doors, top, and windshield two summers ago. Good times. Dirty, filthy, muddy good times.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does seem like a lot of lift. 6" suspension, 3" body. I think I might 86 one of them. I have all the stock stuff to put the suspension back to normal. is 3" enough for 35s in the dirt and rocks? I like to go stupid places.... but not too stupid. Chicken little mode kicks in sooner or later.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does seem like a lot of lift. 6" suspension, 3" body. I think I might 86 one of them. I have all the stock stuff to put the suspension back to normal. is 3" enough for 35s in the dirt and rocks? I like to go stupid places.... but not too stupid. Chicken little mode kicks in sooner or later.

Leave the 6" and take out the body lift. I bet you could get 37s on there like it sits.

What is the rear gear ratio?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then I may 86 the 3" body lift, and change the rear pinion angle.

Thanks DG!

Edit: Upon research and what not, I'm cutting the exhaust out of the way, and dropping the transfer case a few inches.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the thing. I have 5 brand new Mud Kings that I spent $1100 a while back that are also 35s. I think that'll be big enough for the kid... for now.

This be them.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_Photo0229_1.jpg

When I finish killing off the rubber on here now this winter, I will put on the fancy jobbers. I need to either make my exhaust in to duals, or dip down the crossover a bit more to give me room to drop the transfer 2". That's today's plan anyway!

Pretty sure the gears are whatever stock is, so purty tall right now. I had 4.56 in the Jeep, but I'm thinking this primarily street vessel will need something like 4.10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom