Lets see all the rides!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a 4L60/700R4 4.10s would be good for 35s, but 4.56s would work and would be better for you to go up in tire size later if you decided to. If it has 4.10s now I wouldn't rebuild it, but if it is 3.73 or 3.42 I'd probably go with 4.56 on the rebuild. If that is the path you go, I'd look at the Tru-Trac locker for the rear and an E or air locker for the front. Maybe even try to find a 4.10, 14 bolt free float axle out of a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. That would be bomb proof on your blazer.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a 4L60/700R4 4.10s would be good for 35s, but 4.56s would work and would be better for you to go up in tire size later if you decided to. If it has 4.10s now I wouldn't rebuild it, but if it is 3.73 or 3.42 I'd probably go with 4.56 on the rebuild. If that is the path you go, I'd look at the Tru-Trac locker for the rear and an E or air locker for the front. Maybe even try to find a 4.10, 14 bolt free float axle out of a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. That would be bomb proof on your blazer.

I am happy with 35s. It will not always have an automatic in it. They are for people that ride in trucks, not for people that DRIVE them. My plan is SM465 and a 205 or 203. It has a shrinky dink 10 bolt now, that I won't waste locker money on (unless something unbelievably cheap came along). I like the idea of the 14 bolt, but not as happy about having to buy more wheels, although I would be happy about not having aluminum. Just plain wagon wheels for me. I'm not wanting to make it in to a mostly rock crawling truck. Just a daily driver that goes stupid places from time to time.

I am all about the Tru Track, front and rear. No clutches to wear out, and not full on locked for turns and such. Thoughts on a 12 bolt? Strong enough for moderate abuse to merit the effort, or rinky dink like the 10 bolt? Not happening this year anyway.

Ridge, I am not cutting my pretty body. My pretty, black body.

Thanks Brian!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't waste the money on a 12 bolt either. A 14 bolt semi float (9.5" ring) can be had in 6 lug axles. I've got one out back for my truck. That is definitely a stronger axle. But the 14 bolt FF rear (10.5" ring) is a beefy mother grabber. You could probably find a front and rear set at the junk yard that comes with 8 lug steel wheels you can use your 35s on.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine was underneath.....
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s151_bloodyhonda_smushed.jpg

Replaced it with this.....
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s151_bloodyhonda_tahoe.jpg

this is my daily driver.....
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s151_bloodyhonda_charger.jpg

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes she did. Poor little lady. Her husband of 60 years had recently passed and she was driving again. She was very shaken up over the ordeal. I sat and talked with her for a few hours while her Kids came down from Tulsa to get her. I really felt bad for her. She had some great stories about her life as a riveter for Boeing and then Being a WAC Transport Pilot towards the end of the war. Really neat lady.

Latest posts

Top Bottom