Lets talk Carbines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 20SF 10mm with Mech Tech conversion. Optic is a Vortex Sparc. Basically have less in this than what some people are paying for Keltec Sub2Ks.

Here's some downsides:

10mm is not cheap
If you reload you have to watch where brass is flying since that stuff is like gold right now
I haven't had this done very long and the only time I've had it at the range it was too cold to sight in the Vortex.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_2FD0C64B_56AE_4201_63ef15b6133b4fc11e75ca3716391d3d.jpg

QUESTION: Is this considered an NFA item. I thought anything with a stock needed at least a 16" barrel or it was NFA.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, the barrel is over the 16" requirement. What I would like to know is if I can legally install a vertical foregrip on it.

I don't see why not. It is essentially no different than any other carbine at this point and you wouldn't ask if a foregrip is GTG on a standard AR.

IDK why but that barrel didn't look like it was more than 16". Probably just my eyes deceiving me.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard the cx4 storm is poorly made and rattles a lot.

I have a 9mm CX4 and it is a fun gun to shoot - light weight, low recoil, very accurate. Mine does not rattle and has several thousand rounds through it.

The biggest complaints about the CX4 are the polymer parts (trigger and hammer), mushy trigger, and low mag capacity for the .45. Aftermarket parts are available to remedy those things, but mine is pretty much stock and I have had no issues.

I like mine but I don't think I would pay the current prices for one. I picked mine up off gunbroker for under $500 a few years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom