Let's talk throw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cheap Terralux died a heinous death (blame the 3 year son, not the light), and I am tired of making due with my converted MagLite (if anyone's curious, it's a 3 D-cell model convered to LED using a drop in TerraLUX unit and running 4 C-cells, because TerraLUX didn't initially introduce a unit for 2- to 3-cell lgihts). So short of picking up one of these:

for $400+, what's a nicely priced EDC-sized light? I've been looking at some of the highly (overly?) rated JetBeams that claim 500+ lumens for their 60ish dollar price, but I've read they have more of a flood, or broader, pattern. Yea, I know throw is not based on the lumens but rather other parts of the design of the emitter, lens, and reflector, I just want want an excuse to buy two lights :D

That'd be useful in some scenarios, so I may still pick one up. But what would be a good one to have when I am out and want to light up that suspect noise a quarter-mile down the road at my inlaws?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a surefire p2 fury a couple weeks ago for about 140 otd at outdoor america. Ive had surefire lights in the past but this is the first led. Wow. It was well worth the money. It has a two stage setup with 15 to 20 lumens on tbe low side and 500 on the high side. Its a little bigger and heavier than the g2x.

Latest posts

Top Bottom