Leupold Scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine at Optics Planet. As I recall, a competitive price and free shipping. At the time I got mine, as I recall there was also a freebie that went with it.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd also check out Natchez Shooter's Supply, they usually have some pretty good deals on scopes. Don't know how good their prices are on Leupold but I've bought a couple Nikon's from them at a good price. I imagine the higher dollar Leupold are excellent but as far as the $150-$300 range I prefer the Nikon's over the Leupold Rifleman series.

http://www.natchezss.com/

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will rarely, if ever, find any real discount on a Leupold riflescope. If you do, be sure before you buy that it's not a counterfeit. There are many Chinese counterfeits out there.

I bought Leupold because - first, they are darn good products; second, they are American made. If you properly match the scope to the caliber weapon you plan to mount it on, it should last you a seriously long time, making it well worth the modest amount you might feel it costs you over most other brands.

The failure of consumers in this country to recognize the harm done by Chinese dumps is one of my pet peeves. I make a real attempt to buy American whenever I can. Can't always do it, but it never hurts to try. Leupold was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made in this regard.

Somebody kick my soap box over.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will rarely, if ever, find any real discount on a Leupold riflescope. If you do, be sure before you buy that it's not a counterfeit. There are many Chinese counterfeits out there.

I bought Leupold because - first, they are darn good products; second, they are American made. If you properly match the scope to the caliber weapon you plan to mount it on, it should last you a seriously long time, making it well worth the modest amount you might feel it costs you over most other brands.

The failure of consumers in this country to recognize the harm done by Chinese dumps is one of my pet peeves. I make a real attempt to buy American whenever I can. Can't always do it, but it never hurts to try. Leupold was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made in this regard.

Somebody kick my soap box over.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just trying to help a brother out:)

I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but aren't Leupold scopes assembled in the US but the parts are imported? Again, I may be wrong but that was my understanding with Leupold. Maybe it's just the low end stuff that has imported parts? Pretty sure at least their Wind River line is china made.

I know Burris used to be all US made but I'm not sure they are anymore either.

Edit: Used my search fu and found this: http://www.leupold.com/corporate/about-us/americas-optics-authority/

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know. I know that at the very least they are assembled in the U.S. I know that their service/repair is in the U.S. Oregon, I believe.

I also know that their construction is pretty darn good.

From your search, I got this - " All Leupold Golden Ring® Riflescopes are designed, machined, assembled, and tested in Leupold’s state of the art manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA." Also, I searched my scope, box and accessories info and found no mention of any other country of origin.

Having said that, I should clarify that my problem with China (other than the fact that they are trying to bring us down) lies with their very shoddy exports and their "dumps". On the other hand, they make some very good products which I don't have so much problem with, although I'll buy American, given the chance.

But, we're off-track. To the OP, you'll like a Leupold, if you decide to get one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom