Lever Action Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for a level action rifle in 357/38 special. Form some information I have read that the quality of Marlins has gone down. Anyone with recent experience with new manufactured lever action rifles?

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own one but have shot the Rossi's as well. They are nice guns and can be had at an affordable price. I have a newer 2009 Marlin in 30 WCF. Although,they are not the same quality as the guns of yesteryear, they are not any less quality rifles than the Rossi's.

Personally, I would be looking real hard at the Henry: http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-big-boy.cfm
American made sexiness. Which is what matters in a lever gun. :wink2:

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have an older marlin and its great...the newer ones arent all bad you just have to look em over real close before you part with the cash...the rossi and henry rifles are pretty good as well....would take a 2008 or older marlin as first choice but they are pricey and hard to find...for the money probably a rossi....my 2c

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Rossi sr92 in 357/38 the year they came out (maybe 25 years ago) and haven't had any problems with it since. Likes pretty much anything I feed it.

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shot some 325gr buffalo bore 45 colts +p+ out of my rossi, ran great. They did however mess up my rear sight pretty bad, but I was going to replace them anyway.

American made, just not North America ;)