LEVI'S 501 Shrink to Fit Button Fly Jeans... like we USED to wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to look in my closet.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that styles will always come back. Seriously.......

True. It's funny how that works.

If you do find any Dennis, you may be sitting on a gold mine. Hipsters will pay through the nose for authentic vintage Levi's.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know which number Levi's the girls I went to high school with wore, but I know it wasn't the button-fly 501s. In those golden days, girls used to lie down on the bed and pull their zippers up with a pair of pliers (the movie "Dazed and Confused" has a scene of a gal doing just that). Skin-tight jeans and tube tops, man, those were the days. Girls wore those then-new tube tops to school for about the first two weeks of school my senior year, then the administration nixed them. Said they were too distracting (didn't say if it was the students or the faculty that found them "too distracting"). I've always figured it was because a few girls in the halls suddenly found their tube tops down around their waist when some guy snuck up behind them and gave 'em a yank. I always liked that "easy off" feature, myself.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. It's funny how that works.

If you do find any Dennis, you may be sitting on a gold mine. Hipsters will pay through the nose for authentic vintage Levi's.

I have a clone of the .22 jeans for sure.
Don't know if anybody remembers them, but some lady took stacks of jeans and shot them with .22's, then washed them back in the 80's to get that frayed look around the holes. She became rich overnight because they were "different".

I may be on to something here. I did a shotgun/ taurus Judge field report awhile back using an old pair of wranglers, because I needed layers of denim to simulate heavy clothing.
They are still in the garage. Might need to get them out and run em through the washer and go to town. Depending on how many young lady's swoon, I could start a new business.

Any interested investors out there?

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry to tell ya Dennis, but if you're anything like myself and the 501's we wore way back then won't do a damn thing for us today. I now suffer the dreaded old man disease "NOASSATOHOL" and not only is a pair of 31x36 pair of 501's a fantasy but the loose fit, "U" cut Wranglers a God send to my "au'natural fazick" that is un-encumbered by such doadilings in places like a gym or work out facility. Luckily I come by this body naturally!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I now suffer the dreaded old man disease "NOASSATOHOL"
Tech journalist Becky Worley calls it MPAL--Male Pattern Ass Loss.

I've had good luck with Carhartt jeans; I did have one pair where the zipper lost a tooth, but I've only had one pair rip. Actually, aside from that one pair, I've not worn out any of my Carhartt jeans; I've just, umm, outgrown them (riding a desk all day will do that...). If you catch them on sale at Atwoods, they're not particularly expensive, and they normally stock them in fatboy sizes. I bought several pairs last August when Atwoods had a sale going the same time as the "back to school, no sales tax" weekend. I wore them haying last fall on a tractor belching diesel exhaust, oily blow-by smoke, and leaking power steering fluid by the quart, and they're none the worse for the wear.

I've been thinking about trying the Duluth Trading Company's Ballroom Jeans, but they're a bit spendy.
http://youtu.be/Jai_flUIC9Y

Latest posts

Top Bottom