Lexington WMA range rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went this evening and shot there..It sure is nice. I shot at the farthest south range.
I also visited the farthest north range to look it over.
It is Pistol only at the farthest North range.

Now I talked with 2 wardens about rules and they said they will be enforcing them and paying close attention to the ranges.
Eye and hearing protection are state law and required. I was told you will be warned but if you have a child there with no protection you will be fined.
Common sense , you should be fined for that.

PAPER & CLAYS ONLY.
You can't bring a wood platform or wire platform to hold your paper either.
There are nice stands there for the paper targets to be stapled to.

NO cans or bottles, No steel targets, no action targets..only Paper and Clays.

No more trash cans there..You remove what you bring in and haul them to your own trash can.

They were really nice and gave me a small map of the area and told me where the majority of the hogs hang out.
Of course I have seen them there many times and talked with them every time.

Get out and shoot.
I was there 3 pm to dark and only me and a buddy and 1 other shooter and he went to the other range.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang man. I drove right by there to pick up a corn feeder from a friend while you were there. If I would have known I would have stopped. My friend said the the warden is a no bs guy and will wright you a ticket in a heartbeat. I dont have a hunting license so I wont be shooting there. Looks like a nice range now though.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to come to your place as i remember you said it is just 30 or 40 minutes from there.
If you are that close.. be nice to meet you..I think I have some stuff you could use for reloading

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to Pushmataha WMA's range a few times a year. I am glad the state has these facilities. I wish there was one near Lawton.

I do not understand why they do not have trash cans. I understand someone has to dump the can, but the Pushmataha range always has trash on the ground, used targets, empty boxes, water bottles, and other stuff. After the first time I went, I take a trash bag to police up the range. I would think at least half the people that leave trash on the range would use a trash can if it was available.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Lexington yesterday and one rifle range was closed. Got to use the range for a little while. They were working on pistol range berms. They have done one great job on the ranges...

Latest posts

Top Bottom