Liberty Safe Backdoor Breakdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be more mad at why they had to cough up a master combo. Than if they did. I would want them to have a back door into any safe they made just incase a child locked themselves inside and the combo wasnt readily available. But thats the only scenario.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easy problem to solve. Amazon...View attachment 411598

Funny you should mention it ...

Screenshot 2023-09-19 102703.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see a manufacturer having record of combination for a dial lock. Electronics should be easy to change.
According to Dev’s video in post 1, the manufacturer of the lock itself (Sargent & Greenleaf for at least some Liberty safes) has a unique master code built into the electronic lock itself. It has been a little while since I watched the video, so I don’t remember if it can be changed, but it’s longer than the default code that Liberty has.

The general consensus for any serial numbers on the outside of the safe is to record them in a secure location then remove them from the safe/lock. That way it doesn’t matter if the manufacturer has a record of the code or not—without the serial number, they have no way to look it up.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to Dev’s video in post 1, the manufacturer of the lock itself (Sargent & Greenleaf for at least some Liberty safes) has a unique master code built into the electronic lock itself. It has been a little while since I watched the video, so I don’t remember if it can be changed, but it’s longer than the default code that Liberty has.

The general consensus for any serial numbers on the outside of the safe is to record them in a secure location then remove them from the safe/lock. That way it doesn’t matter if the manufacturer has a record of the code or not—without the serial number, they have no way to look it up.

Genius.

Latest posts

Top Bottom