Life Sentence for 6.5 gram Crack... Is this Stupid and a Waste of Resources or What?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pay attention to Congress. Pay attention to the Supreme Court.

You really do like ignoring the important words, don't you? As far as I know there is no KNOWN declared war on guns. Sure, there are some politicians in office who have a different set of values or ideals than you, but fortunately we have elected representatives that see gun rights from our side as well.

Our radical little buddy in Tucson is doing the work for the anti-gun crowd, and guess what, it's been reported that he is a drug abuser.

You should run for office, because you are very talented at twisting words and misinterperting comments.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The portion that you say would need to be supported is a small minority of the population that would use drugs if they were legalized.

Yes, we might be better off just letting them have what they want and support them till they die instead of this war that is filling our prisons and creates so much crime. I don't think it will ever happen. Too many deadbeats already sucking off the public.
It might even improve our gene pool.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's total BS!!!

if the war on drugs was winnable... it'd been whooped long ago.
according to you... the war on drugs has not been won due to a lack of will.

1. let's see... is it a lack of funding $$$$ billions and $$$ billions...spent..
don't think so....

2. is our criminal system being too soft?
with our jails exploding with drug offenders ... don't think so

3. do we have a lack of man power enforcing our drug laws?
the war on drugs uses up a MAJOR chunk of our law enforcement resources..
so don't think so....

4. a lack of education? propaganda in favor of war on drugs has been spread for 25+ years now.... don't think that's the problem

etc... etc...

prohibition on alcohol didn't work ... neither is prohibition against drugs working.

all it does is prop up drug gangs due to the massive profits generated. this same for the prison system... props up all the private for profit prisons that's sprung up to house all the drug offenders.

three strikes should be reserved for violent crimes only.
not petty drug possession. the DA that prosecuted this should be fired.

This is a prime example of abuse of power by the District Attorney.
he/she had a choice to pursue this or not.

in no way shape or form does this drug case warrant life without parole.

We are losing the war on drugs for the same reason we failed in N Korea and Veitnam....our politicians don't have the balls to take the fight far enough.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing involving Crack cocaine is a waste of resources as far as Im concerned. XXX your out baby. What is a waste of resources is when someone gets, two felony counts, 10 year probation, fines and other bull for pawning a radio not belonging to them for 40 bucks and being thrown in the same bag with felony murderers and rapist when child molesters get to walk around free among our children. That my friend is a waste of resources. Just saying.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She had 2 chances to stop. I'm not real fond of harsh drug laws for a couple of reasons, but the law is the law. I don't expect she was sucker-punched with the third strike. If she'd already been through the system twice I'm sure she knew the consequences of a third strike. Sorry, but I have no compassion for something like this. Waste of resources? Maybe, but if it is, the law needs to be changed. In the meantime, the law is still the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom