Lifetime Hunting Licenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here, I'll correct myself. From the ODWC website:

A lifetime license holder, whether it be combination, hunting, or fishing, will not lose the benefits of the license by a change of address, even if he or she ceases to be an Oklahoma resident by moving out of the state. If you move, you should report your new address to our office.

link: http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/license/lifelist.htm

I stand corrected...by myself!
That was changed in the last 15 years. Your first statement was true a while ago.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was changed in the last 15 years. Your first statement was true a while ago.

That's what I thought because I remember looking it up shortly after I moved here and didn't buy a lifetime license because I wasn't sure I was going to be here that long. That's been many years ago now and I wish I had purchased the lifetime.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So someone clarify something for me: If I have a lifetime hunting license, I never have to buy any deer or turkey or any other tags, right? The hunting license covers it all?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So someone clarify something for me: If I have a lifetime hunting license, I never have to buy any deer or turkey or any other tags, right? The hunting license covers it all?

Covers your deer, turkey, fur license etc...most of them I can think of.

There are a few it doesn't cover. Trout stamp, trapping license, black bear and that's all I can think of.

You would get good use of one dude. The convenience alone is worth it.

ETA: From the ODWC

Lifetime License

All resident lifetime hunting or lifetime combination license holders are exempt from the purchase of the hunting license, deer, elk, antelope and turkey licenses, Oklahoma waterfowl license and the fur license.

Holders of the lifetime license are not exempt from the purchase of the federal duck stamp, bear licenses, trapping license, land access permit, HIP requirements or federal sandhill crane permit.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/exemptions.htm

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that not all states lifetime licenses offer the same benefits as Oklahomas. Example: Missouri doesnt include tags for deer and turkey, its just a lifetime hunting license.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There are a few it doesn't cover. Trout stamp, trapping license, black bear and that's all I can think of.

Doesn't cover the Federal Waterfowl Stamp either. And don't forget, if you hunt migratory birds, you still have to have that survey thing on you as well.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW! Thats FREAKIN AWESEOME@@!!! :woot:

If you hunt a lot, it will pay for itself in due time. When I got my combination hunting/fishing lifetime license, it cost $400.00. It was paid for in three years with all the deer hunting and turkey hunting I did. The convenience alone is great. I have tags made up with my name and license number on them, and just attach one using wire whenever I harvest one. I always have two or three of those made up and in a fanny pack, in case I get more than one. I don't ever have to worry about running to the store to buy another tag, or, buy two or three tags that may never get used.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The OK Lifetime also does not cover your Federal Duck Stamp. And you have to still fill out the HIP Survey, but you can do it on-line for free. I have had my lifetime combo since I was 6 years old :hot:. Dad bought it for $225, the day before they went to $400. Those prices will make a man cry :cry11: when he sees what they are going for now. :sorry4:

Latest posts

Top Bottom