Lifetime Hunting Licenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mine was $775 in 2004.

Doesn't cover:

-Federal waterfowl stamp (what, about $35/ year?)
-Trout license ($10/year)
-someone said Black Bear, and I believe that
-Lake Texhoma fishing license
-other lake-specific daily access fees

Whether it pays for itself depends upon your age when you get it, how many years you live, whether you hunt all those years, and how many deer and turkey your harvest, because of the tag savings.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was $775 in 2004.

Doesn't cover:

-Federal waterfowl stamp (what, about $35/ year?)
-Trout license ($10/year)
-someone said Black Bear, and I believe that
-Lake Texhoma fishing license
-other lake-specific daily access fees

Whether it pays for itself depends upon your age when you get it, how many years you live, whether you hunt all those years, and how many deer and turkey your harvest, because of the tag savings.

Federal Waterfowl Stamp is $15 bucks.

Wind

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lifetime licenses were a bargain 15 years ago but not now. It used to take just 6 to 8 years to recover the cost if you hunted or fished a lot.
Now it takes 10 years or more.

Reaction score
Lifetime licenses were a bargain 15 years ago but not now. It used to take just 6 to 8 years to recover the cost if you hunted or fished a lot.
Now it takes 10 years or more.

Actually that's still a tremendous bargain, because the vast majority will hunt and fish a lot more than 10 years. It only becomes not a bargain, if it takes more years to recover than you're going to hunt & fish - say 20 or 30 or 40, depending upon how old you are.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt pretty much strictly on public land. I'd probably hunt more if I didn't think I'd have a box of unfilled tags at the end of the season. A lifetime license would almost certainly get my butt out in the field more often. Its been 5 years or so since I've even shot my bow.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that not all states lifetime licenses offer the same benefits as Oklahomas. Example: Missouri doesnt include tags for deer and turkey, its just a lifetime hunting license.

True Kansas is the same way but if u move out of state and have your lifetime u get to buy your tags at resident price. I am dealing with kansas right now about it. I had been staying with a buddy in Independence for a while and put in for my lifetime at the begining of march but got a job transfer shortly after and now they are doing a investigation on my residential status. But they did go a head and take the $$$ out of my account first :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom