Like Minded Individuals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bow before the Queen ................. or is that duck and run?

and I agree with you 100%. Already pretty felt that way, but the OP does stimulate some thoughts.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm more "homesteady" too ... Have a couple, three neighbors on this block who are the same way. Have chickens, gardens, little greenhouses, etc.

Everything else that might come my way ... well, I'll just handle it when it happens ... Nobody ever said life was easy (although we have it really good here in the USA) or fair ... All I have to say is there is plenty of "omph" left in this old woman.

The few people who've actually said to me "Well, we are just coming to your house" :rolleyes2 figured out really quickly that their plan was faulty is so many ways ... There's a reason I was single for so long ... :grumble::nono1::gun1::fullauto:

Besides, I don't make a good, democratic ruler ... I'm more into the "Queen of all I survey" ideology ... ;) :coffee2:

Not according to the North Koreans...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4839271/North-Korean-video-shows-dystopian-America.html

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a shame, ideally I'd hope to expect a bit more preplanning from the run of the mill AZ LEO but then again people are just people and character issues are more about human nature and integrity and after all, family is family. I would think after SHTF local LEO's would step up into more leadership roles according to their inate self fullfiling desire to protect & defend rather than exibiting a selfserving character. What the hell, their are no guarantees in life.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a shame, ideally I'd hope to expect a bit more preplanning from the run of the mill AZ LEO but then again people are just people and character issues are more about human nature and integrity and after all, family is family. I would think after SHTF local LEO's would step up into more leadership roles according to their inate self fullfiling desire to protect & defend rather than exibiting a selfserving character. What the hell, their are no guarantees in life.

As with everything else, they are only human within the LE community and though most are good, some exceptional, there are also a few mediocre and bad. Luckily, from what little I have observed here, having never met any in person, most seem to be in the good to exceptional category.

The ones I worry most about are our military. I have the utmost respect for the troops and those who serve. But when teh Shumer-hits-the-fan, how many will follow blindly and raise arms against US civilians?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bow before the Queen ................. or is that duck and run?

and I agree with you 100%. Already pretty felt that way, but the OP does stimulate some thoughts.

Hahaha!! GC says it would depend on what kind of mood I was in that day ... :grumble: He's such a toad! I'm NOT moody ... I'm just a little menopausal on some days ... LOL

I think that you will find that a slightly higher percentage of LEO would "rise to the occasion" than the average population, but, not significantly so. So ... overall you would have the roughly the same percentages of good guys and bad guys within that demographic. People are people -- some of us are fully capable of handling anything that rolls downhill, some of us can't handle a bad hair day, muchless anything worse ...

Lots of folks say being a LEO is "a calling" and to some extent it is ... but ... it is also a J.O.B. And one, that, quite regularly sucks a bull's balls ... Would you go into work if everything you cared about was in danger? It is unfortunate for me that I married a cop who would go to work, no matter what. He's done it more than a few times since we married. Lucky for the civilians in the area he works in, not so lucky for me. But ... like you said, there are no guarantees in life ... so I suck it up and do what I'm supposed to do. Take care of "us" so he can go take care of a bunch of folks who really don't appreciate what he gives up for them.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones I worry most about are our military. I have the utmost respect for the troops and those who serve. But when teh Shumer-hits-the-fan, how many will follow blindly and raise arms against US civilians?[/QUOTE]

I don't worry about these guys and gals either. Based on discussions I've had and heard amongst military folks I know, they would not ever raise their arms against another American. I'm not naive enough to think that means that 100% of the troops feel that way, but I think I'm less in danger of getting shot by one of our own than I am getting shot by some nitwit who bought an AR-15 and ammo during the last "gun scare" and never learned how the damn thing functions ... :grumble:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, I agree 100%, but there are those few. The military is conducting urban training in Houston with OUR troops being led by UN commanders. Look at New Orleans and the National Guard after Katrina, not that the looters don't deserve to be shot on sight (they do), but who knows what justification / propaganda will be fed to the troops when the SHTF. We have several family members in the military and several LE services, and some of the things they are being told .......... sometimes wonder what country we are living in.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, I agree 100%, but there are those few. The military is conducting urban training in Houston with OUR troops being led by UN commanders. Look at New Orleans and the National Guard after Katrina, not that the looters don't deserve to be shot on sight (they do), but who knows what justification / propaganda will be fed to the troops when the SHTF. We have several family members in the military and several LE services, and some of the things they are being told .......... sometimes wonder what country we are living in.

You and me both, sir ... you and me both. I guess the bottom like is "trust but verify", although I'm not really good at the "trust" part of that little equation. I kinda look at everybody as somewhat suspect these days. Must be my aching back ... or maybe it's my knees, who the heck really knows ... LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom