Like Minded Individuals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he meant he was "stocking" up on ammo. . .not "stalking" up on ammo.

However, as fast as ammo flies off the shelf, it might be more beneficial to "stalk" up on it. Grab it before it knows you are there!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article in the OP an honest window into what will happen. People are going to come knocking in 3 days. In 3 weeks or less there will be many people who are willing to kill you to get what you have. Plan on it and don't trust anyone. The folks you work, play, worship with won't be the same people when they and their loved ones are starving and dying of thirst.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't worry about these guys and gals either. Based on discussions I've had and heard amongst military folks I know, they would not ever raise their arms against another American. I'm not naive enough to think that means that 100% of the troops feel that way, but I think I'm less in danger of getting shot by one of our own than I am getting shot by some nitwit who bought an AR-15 and ammo during the last "gun scare" and never learned how the damn thing functions ...

I WILL NOT SHOOT AT AMERICANS !!

Most likely i will be killed by the ATF !:finger:

SGT B

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of folks say being a LEO is "a calling" and to some extent it is ... but ... it is also a J.O.B. And one, that, quite regularly sucks a bull's balls ... Would you go into work if everything you cared about was in danger? .

Lots of jobs involve danger outside of LEO.

Ill use an example of my daily job.
Working around 640,000 volts of electricity that will vaporize you in a heartbeat, working on a 500' tall smoke stack that sways in the wind, 480 volts three phase that will turn your guts into soup in less than a second, 2500 psi steam leaks, I could go on. I'm a Control and Instrumentation tech in a power plant.

Outside of my job, electritians have to deal with high voltages on an hourly basis that can kill them, ditch diggers risk cave in's, and so on.

Every job has its risks, and dangerous consequences. We all go to work hoping to come home safe to our families.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of jobs involve danger outside of LEO.

Ill use an example of my daily job.
Working around 640,000 volts of electricity that will vaporize you in a heartbeat, working on a 500' tall smoke stack that sways in the wind, 480 volts three phase that will turn your guts into soup in less than a second, 2500 psi steam leaks, I could go on. I'm a Control and Instrumentation tech in a power plant.

Outside of my job, electritians have to deal with high voltages on an hourly basis that can kill them, ditch diggers risk cave in's, and so on.

Every job has its risks, and dangerous consequences. We all go to work hoping to come home safe to our families.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean his job was the only dangerous job out there. Nor did I mean that only LEO's families are ever in danger. I was simply asking a rhetorical question. Some LEO will go to work no matter what, some won't. Some doctors and nurses will go to work no matter what, some won't. Some electricians will go to work no matter what, some won't. It's less about the job and more about the man or woman doing it.

I had an office job for a fairly promenient law firm here in OKC. We had OKC officers sitting in our lobby for several weeks after a client got what he considered to be an unsatisfactory result from his court case. This man went so far as to call some of the employees at home and harrass them. Some people in the office refused to come to work after this man told the lawyers what he was gonna do to all of us. Some of us just kept coming to work like we always did.

Fact of the matter is, some people will do what needs to be done in an honorable way, and some won't. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently saw a History show regarding gang members currently in active duty military to the tune of just under 1% of total force meaning some 10,000 gang bangers with aligence to their gangs not America. To my knowledge we have only 3 forts/bases with that many troops. We arm them and train them but should we trust them? Does not exactly give me warm fuzzies and I did 30 years active.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is truly sad about what he wrote is the truth to it. There are so many greedy people out there who only seem to be nice on the outside to fit into society but will turn on their fellow man in a heartbeat for greedy reasons. Like the old proverb "keep your friends close & your enemies closer". Alot of people will eventually slip up & reveal their true colors over time. Like he mentioned, he was close to these individuals for years, not just friends.

I don't share my true intentions with anyone except my wife when it comes to what we will do or how we will be prepared if SHTF. We have a few plans in mind to make sure those of our family we could get to & bring to a safe place get there & what not but depending on how bad the situation we are also prepared to go at it alone if need be. I know they say there is power in numbers but there is also chaos. There is also power struggle & jealousy. I'd rather avoid all that & be a self sustaining family unit personally.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took an oath to support and defend the constitution of America against all enemys both foreign and domestic so help me God, both as a military person and LEO. That oath has never been rescended. I personally don't know any military or retired military that will fire on civilians under an unlawful order. There are some of my former LEO acquaintences that I can't be sure about. Most wont, but some will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom