Line X Worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of things on bed liner material, my experience. The trucks I had Line-X'd did not have covers, the sun makes it fade, at least it did 10 years ago.

You can damage any of the products, I damaged Line-x in truck 1 with an engine block. They repaired it no questions, but it looked bad. So as one poster suggested, if you are going to haul something that is likely to damage it take precautions. I used a piece of plywood for anything heavy with irregular or sharp edges after that but a mat would work well also.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen a Line-X liner damaged but I'm sure it can be done if you want to. Mine looks as good as new when freshly washed. Faded? Maybe a little but I can't really tell as it was in the truck when I got it 5 years or so ago. I've drug pallets of sod and all manner of heavy cargo across it with a fork lift and it didn't faze it. No engine blocks but some heavy stuff. Several guys I've worked with had them and never seen any issues. As for me unless they cost $500+ I'd have it done.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Gatorhyde bed liners. The key is finding a quality shop that will guarantee their work.

I'll second the gatorhyde. The company originated in wagoner and they have a shop just west on 51 that I've used several times. They sprayed some rock sliders I fabbed and guaranteed the coating for life, no questions asked. They've been on my taco for 4 years and still look new. And they get plenty of abuse from off-roading, gravel roads and normal life being a couple feet of the road.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For $150 more than line x's standard product they'll spray it with the premium or whatever, that apparently wont fade.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure I'll let my bed just get all scratched up and then one day get it done so it looks nice again:)

On a side note autoanything.com has good deals and runs specials a lot.

Got the husky liners x-act for my new truck and they're the best mats I've had so far.

Also got a du-ha under back seat storage bin when they had them on sale for $125.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure I'll let my bed just get all scratched up and then one day get it done so it looks nice again:)

On a side note autoanything.com has good deals and runs specials a lot.

Got the husky liners x-act for my new truck and they're the best mats I've had so far.

Also got a du-ha under back seat storage bin when they had them on sale for $125.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen a Line-X liner damaged but I'm sure it can be done if you want to. Mine looks as good as new when freshly washed. Faded? Maybe a little but I can't really tell as it was in the truck when I got it 5 years or so ago. I've drug pallets of sod and all manner of heavy cargo across it with a fork lift and it didn't faze it. No engine blocks but some heavy stuff. Several guys I've worked with had them and never seen any issues. As for me unless they cost $500+ I'd have it done.
I tossed a large 8" tractor auger in my bed once and it tore a couple chunks of liner out. Thats the only damage its seen in 11 years. Yes they fade but not terribly bad. Line-x will also add color to match your paint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom