• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Linotype Lead in raw slugs as drained from machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sub Category
Reloading Supplies
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
37.50$
north of river, 74008, Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
I am selling off up to 150# of unprocessed Linotype in the raw slugs as I am receiving. Money goes to the lead pot I am building. Analysis by BNE on CastBoolits showed the slug sample as:

Sample #1 Lead dirty
Pb = 84.3%
Sb = 12.1%
Sn = 3.6%

All slugs have the same raw material, more or less Tin may have burned off during processing. I have a post that shows the details of melting down and fluxing about 18# of loose pieces that came off as I broke the slugs up. these were pretty dirty. about 25% to 30% was removed as fines. the slugs I am selling are cleaner and weight between 25# and close to 50#. Minimum sell would be about 50#. Price per pound is $0.75 which would work out to around a dollar a pound of recovered Linotype. $38 per 50#. Most Linotype is selling for over $3 so you would be saving a couple of bucks per pound with your sweat equity. Must pick up in North Bixby area. Once my smelter pot is functioning, I will no longer be selling raw slugs.

Attachments

• Linotype slugs 1.JPG
    Linotype slugs 1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Linotype slugs 2.JPG
    Linotype slugs 2.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom