Living in a neighborhood or out in the country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay in town.
If you have to ask then you need to stay close to all the modern conviences you've become accustomed to.
Living in the country isn't all it's cut out to be. Upside is the country, downside is the country.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a city mouse thru and thru. I'll never live way out in the sticks like I want but we compromised and chose coweta. Small town outside of broken arrow. We live in a neighborhood with good people around us but they are too damn close! Find yourself something in the middle like I did. I feel like it's the best of both worlds honestly.

somebodyinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, Tuttle is where it's at. I live in a small neighborhood with 3/4 acre lots. It's quit, not much traffic and the grocery store is less than one mile away. Best of both worlds in my opinion

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ANYPLACE that doesn't have a *&*&*&^%(**%^&&^%$ HOA.

Each and every HOA can kiss my A$$.

That said; I live on 1 acre at the edge, but still inside, of a SMALL town AND have 160 acres where 1 neighbor is a 1 mile away and next closest is over 2 miles. Chances are, we will never live on the 160, my son and his family live in the house there. Wife prefers closer to town, only because I work shift and she is home alone a lot at night. Well, not totally alone, there is the 5 dogs and Misters Colt, Remington, Ruger, Smith and Wesson.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That said; I live on 1 acre at the edge, but still inside, of a SMALL town AND have 160 acres where 1 neighbor is a 1 mile away and next closest is over 2 miles. Chances are, we will never live on the 160, my son and his family live in the house there. Wife prefers closer to town, only because I work shift and she is home alone a lot at night. Well, not totally alone, there is the 5 dogs and Misters Colt, Remington, Ruger, Smith and Wesson.

I might live in the only HOA neighborhood that isn't like living under the Nazi Regime. My HOA president is a shirtless, Miller Lite pounding Cubs fan just like I am. The only times we hear out of the HOA is when dues are coming up, beginning/end of summer pool parties, Santa/Easter Bunny visits, etc, yet our neighborhood is kept nice and orderly.

To answer the OP, I vote for country. I spent the first several years of my life out in Newalla/Stella area on several acres of land with a barn, horses, goats, and chickens. Living out in the country away from any other kids besides my younger brothers (one of which was still in diapers for the most part, so he doesn't count) pushed us to use our imagination more. We discovered more of the world around us living out in the middle of nowhere than we would have growing up in a neighborhood. We moved to a neighborhood in Harrah when I was almost 9 and it was perfect timing. I had learned quite a bit about myself and nature (as much as a child can) living out in the country, so moving next to other kids our age was perfectly timed and allowed me to experience the best of both worlds.

I'm not sure how long you plan on staying at your next house, but it's something to think about since you have kids.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not all HOA's are bad. The one I belong to is great. Membership is voluntary and the money the HOA raised through membership dues, grants and donations have been used to upgrade, maintain and repair the neighborhood park and to rennovate the historic elementary school and has brought it back to life since it's reopening a few years ago.

I grew up in the Lawton area. If I was still in the Lawton area, I would probably live out in the sticks somewhere LOL. That place has isn't what it used to be.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived on 5 acres up until 3 years ago. Too much work and I would rather spend time with my family or on my hobbies.
I could shoot and all the other stuff but now I just drive 15 minutes to the range.
I vote suburbs. Same commute time for me.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a downtowner/midtowner/uptowner. Most here would disagree with me, but the quality of life can be much better in the right parts of the inner city that I never had access to when I was living in a small town or country.

I'll just leave this here....
[video=youtube_share;jbTI7eWaQbk]http://youtu.be/jbTI7eWaQbk[/video]

I prefer to stay away from areas that these people tend to congregate. Unfortunately, Stillwater is a popular college for hipsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom