Living in HOA's is so much fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh don’t get me started. I LOVE Oklahoma, but it has the worst food of anywhere I’ve been in my life. Fortunately my wife’s a great cook. LOL.

Really? I think the food is pretty much as good as anywhere else I've lived. We have lots of places we like to frequent because of the outstanding food and service.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you one of board members that drives around in your golf cart measuring grass height?

We have no issues with people maintaining their homes or yards. It is 100% people complaining about useless crap. It's almost like grade school all over again. At least we had chocolate milk at lunch.

Umm, no…and no one is measuring grass height. That type of dramatic thought is why discussions go sideways; making weird generalizations that don’t exist to defend your beliefs.

Either way; it’s so simple: anyone looking to buy a house is fully aware of any HOA. If you don’t like them, don’t buy.

I like them; it protects my investment (I have 3 personal homes in HOA neighborhoods). I read covenants and if I agree with the idea behind the HOA then I feel more comfortable with that investment.

GaryOkie

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Must be an error as your profile shows that you joined OSA 8/29/2024.

Regardless, You “get” 24 hours before strangers legally come in your dwelling and I’m the one that needs to try out your “freedom” LOL.
I don’t have to let anyone in. I choose to let them come in to fix things on a rare occasion so I don’t have to. Yeah, I’m living a rough life. All while you’re spending your weekends mowing your lawn. Who’s the slave to where they live? Not me. Oh, been here since 2007. Yes I know what my profile says. You’re very snoopy. No wonder your neighbors don’t like you.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Umm, no…and no one is measuring grass height. That type of dramatic thought is why discussions go sideways; making weird generalizations that don’t exist to defend your beliefs.

Either way; it’s so simple: anyone looking to buy a house is fully aware of any HOA. If you don’t like them, don’t buy.

I like them; it protects my investment (I have 3 personal homes in HOA neighborhoods). I read covenants and if I agree with the idea behind the HOA then I feel more comfortable with that investment.
FYI, my original post was about stupid neighbors stirring up unnecessary BS. You brought up the other weird generalizations about your investments.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
popcorn gif.gif

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have to let anyone in. I choose to let them come in to fix things on a rare occasion so I don’t have to. Yeah, I’m living a rough life. All while you’re spending your weekends mowing your lawn. Who’s the slave to where they live? Not me. Oh, been here since 2007. Yes I know what my profile says. You’re very snoopy. No wonder your neighbors don’t like you.

Ugh, this is getting stupid - now I’m slave because I have a yard?

I feel like debating a position about neighborhood HOA value with a guy that lives in an apartment with bars on his door is like debating my Wife over how it feels to Breastfeed. You’re not even in the World of HOA properties so why are you even arguing this?

BTW, clicking a single button shows a members sign up date.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to Vegas numerous times. Never impressed by the food, or anything else for that matter. And I've never been hungry enough to go to California.

To be honest, I didn't go to Vegas for the food. I'm sure there are good places. But I'm good right where I'm at. And I'm retired...so every day is like a vacation day.

There's a really good, mostly traditional Mexican restaurant right here that's one of our favorites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom